Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2018 Grom, recently my grom has had a sever cut in power. The engine will rev correctly but the bike will not go anywhere, it takes forever for the bikes speed to match where it should be with regards to RPMS. Top speed has been reduced by over 20mph and I have barely any torque. any ideas?

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
adjust your clutch cable

How many miles on the Grom??
Did you buy it new or used???
If used did the last owner do any mods???

Did you make sure you have the right amount of oil in the engine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive got a 2018 Grom, recently my grom has had a sever cut in power. The engine will rev correctly but the bike will not go anywhere, it takes forever for the bikes speed to match where it should be with regards to RPMS. Top speed has been reduced by over 20mph and I have barely any torque. any ideas?
clutch, or clutch cable. Spendthe extra 50-75$ and get a decent clutch setup while ur in there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also to test if its the clutch, go in 3rd gear, get some speed then let off the gas when u got ur rpm to about 7000, pull ur clutch rev it to redline and pop the clutch. If it grabs and pulls, look more into the cable. If you pop the clutch and you dont move, but ur revs just tap the limiter, ur clutch is toast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts