Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I just got this grom and when I got it home I was checking her out and noticed this.

The rear tail light is not directly parallel to the tire. Now I figured this could be cause by 3 things..

1. Seat frame is bent - took all the plastics off and nothing looks out of order
2. Tire/Axle is crooked - doesn't seem to be the case
3. Swing arm is bent or bushings are trashed - doesnt seem to be the case either.

So I'm stumped... Is this just how the Grom is? Or am I missing something. Here are some pics.

really noticable in this pic

·
Registered
28 Posts
You need to strip off the plastics and use a tape measure and string lines. This bike's most likely been wrecked. I think it's been laid down hard on the pipe side.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to strip off the plastics and use a tape measure and string lines. This bike's most likely been wrecked. I think it's been laid down hard on the pipe side.
I have had the plastics off, and I would agree that you'd think it's been wrecked, but absolutely nothing shows damage. I atleast think I would be able to spot damage somewhere.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Sub frame looks hella crooked

·
Registered
221 Posts
The guy probably wrecked it and put new plastics on and everything. Crash it on the left side, should straighten things out :D

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The guy probably wrecked it and put new plastics on and everything. Crash it on the left side, should straighten things out :D
In all honestly, this isn't a bad idea, without the crash part haha.

If it is the subframe, bend that shit back. Make sure it's not just bolted on crooked first, but seriously, bend it back. Slowly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so I took a level to the two parallel bars that run under the seat.

At the gas tank they are level, and by the time I reach the rear before the tail light there is a 1 degree incline left to right.

I hope with some careful persuasion I can bump that 1 degree back to level.... just not sure how to go about it...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Take all the plastics off and use some 2x4s or similar as leverage. I'd say that bike got thrown down the road pretty hard and the original plastics/seat padded the frame from rash, but tweaked it pretty good. If you can pad up a vertical post bolted into concrete ( like a 2 post car lift/ building column, etc) you can strap the rest of the bike to that to keep it from moving when you're trying to bend the subframe back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts