Honda Grom banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
792 Posts
So now I have 3 crankcase vents, oil cap, stock, and cam side. Seems ludicrous frankly. :)

I think I will remove the oil cap vent because that makes adding oil a chore, due to the ohlins being mounted so close to the oil port.
View attachment 89188
That's a lot going on.

Update on the oil flow when the oil filler cap hose is removed.

Mine is behind a high routed exhaust on the Monkey and is a pain to deal with as well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Long ride yesterday with lots of hard engine use. The Drow cam cover vent discharges quite a bit of oil.

I would think a vent filter such as a uni filter is a must. Running a clear vent tube allows you to see just how high up the tube the oil travels.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
792 Posts
Quality cam cover breather from Grom Fatherz. Installed, added a filter, and took it for a 30 mile ride. Filter isn't soaked with oil 👌.
Are you running a big bore kit?

If you are I'd run a longer hose and place the filter higher up so that oil that pushes out can fall back into the cam cover.

I only noticed that when running higher speeds for a long time.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are you running a big bore kit?

If you are I'd run a longer hose and place the filter higher up so that oil that pushes out can fall back into the cam cover.

I only noticed that when running higher speeds for a long time.
No big bore, just 125cc high comp piston. I probably will add a hose, but just running this setup temporarily.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts