Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That is a rather nice looking breather rkfinch. Does it come also in Black anodized? If not I can deal with.

I have read a few of your posts, an seen where peeps talk highly about your products. Not to mention (from my memory) that you have a pretty bitchen Grom.

The problem us average folk newbies seem to have is purchasing off of you. No website that I have found. I do see where you have a presence on facebook. FWIW I think facebook groups is a waste of time for the masses. You can never find (or have a way to search, that I know of) any info that is buried deep in the group. I prefer forums & webpages. For facebook groups to work you have to visit everyday. Not happening here. But I am getting off track here, my apologies.

So how does one be honored to purchase your tasteful mods for the Grom? Smoke signals, carrier pigeon? I have left 2 messages, one PM here & one on facebook, if your the person I am thinking of. If not I apologize in advance. Short of hiring a detective & tracking your phone number down I am at a loss. Please advise.

Get your Grom on...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
The only proper way to make a crank case vent is to have it properly baffled. The stock vent AFAIK is chambered baffled via the case. and case half gasket.

Grom Fathers cam sprocket cover is a perfect example of this with a long baffle chamber before exiting the motor. Any valve cover crank breather you see on any motorcycle has a plate / laybrinth of baffles so that the exiting air has to go through at least a few 90 deg bends to allow oil to condense and not leave the motor.

Simply putting a hole in the case is likely going to have tons of oil mist coming out.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The problem us average folk newbies seem to have is purchasing off of you.........

So how does one be honored to purchase your tasteful mods for the Grom? Smoke signals, carrier pigeon? I have left 2 messages, one PM here & one on facebook, if your the person I am thinking of. If not I apologize in advance. Short of hiring a detective & tracking your phone number down I am at a loss. Please advise.

Get your Grom on...
I suggest sending him a Private Message (PM). Assuming he has stock available, he will likely get back to you with instructions as to how to send him money (PayPal to his email address), and guide you from there.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I suggest sending him a Private Message (PM). Assuming he has stock available, he will likely get back to you with instructions as to how to send him money (PayPal to his email address), and guide you from there.
Sometimes between contacting him and Franco of Finbro garage of Northern Calif you might be able to get your parts since a lot of custom parts are sent to Franco that you might not be able to get.

I think most of the 4V engines that are made thru FatherZ is using Koso Heads because of the way the intake ports are designed/ported, a lot better than the Takegawa unless you port it out like I did.

His speed spacer really works which I like a lot.

Waiting for his 210cc BBK kit to come out with setup for Takegawa 4v head, meaning I would like to see a machined piston with relief pockets to clear the Takegawa head 4 valves. Reason I like Takegawa is their cam setup has a de-compressor unit that works pretty good.

·
Registered
684 Posts
NO messages received, paypal is [email protected] vent cover is 150 shipped. my build thread 7000 dollar money pit has most of my products in it

That is a rather nice looking breather rkfinch. Does it come also in Black anodized? If not I can deal with.

I have read a few of your posts, an seen where peeps talk highly about your products. Not to mention (from my memory) that you have a pretty bitchen Grom.

The problem us average folk newbies seem to have is purchasing off of you. No website that I have found. I do see where you have a presence on facebook. FWIW I think facebook groups is a waste of time for the masses. You can never find (or have a way to search, that I know of) any info that is buried deep in the group. I prefer forums & webpages. For facebook groups to work you have to visit everyday. Not happening here. But I am getting off track here, my apologies.

Get your Grom on...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I purchased a set of OG Enkei wheels from Kenny (rkfinch23) when he was relatively new to the forums. As part of the transaction we had a lengthy conversation, full of humor and truth. To put it simply, he knows his stuff.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
249 Posts
I am using the Drow Sports cam and tappet covers for cooling and the vent on the cam cover.

Look and fit great although there isn't the baffling passages that the GF cover has.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am using the Drow Sports cam and tappet covers for cooling and the vent on the cam cover.

Look and fit great although there isn't the baffling passages that the GF cover has.
That does look nice!

Where are you routing the crankcase breather hose to? How does the line terminate?

·
Registered
249 Posts
That does look nice!

Where are you routing the crankcase breather hose to? How does the line terminate?
I have the Takegawa vented oil filler as well so I've connected cam cover, crankcase stock breather, and oil filler cover together and put the crank breather filter where the stock charcoal canister normally would reside. Haven't had any oil come out of the lines yet.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the Takegawa vented oil filler as well so I've connected cam cover, crankcase stock breather, and oil filler cover together and put the crank breather filter where the stock charcoal canister normally would reside. Haven't had any oil come out of the lines yet.

Installed that Drow vented cam cover today. Nice piece, but a bit heavy.

It does have a 90 degree baffle inside before the vapor exits the cover, which should capture some oil.

Still playing with the routing of the tubing.

Now I have 3 crankcase vents, Stock, oil cap, and cam cover. All running independent lines and ending with a uni filter. Capped the breather port on the chimera intake I run and have the stock crank line running to a uni filter as well.

How much does the crank really need to breath anyway?! Seems like overkill, but WTH.

Pics to follow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Installed that Drow vented cam cover today. Nice piece, but a bit heavy.

It does have a 90 degree baffle inside before the vapor exits the cover, which should capture some oil.

Still playing with the routing of the tubing.

Now I have 3 crankcase vents, Stock, oil cap, and cam cover. All running independent lines and ending with a uni filter. Capped the breather port on the chimera intake I run and have the stock crank line running to a uni filter as well.

How much does the crank really need to breath anyway?! Seems like overkill, but WTH.

Pics to follow.
Not sure about the effects but after reading about larger bores creating a lot of pressure in the engine which caused heat build up and then oil venting out I added the vents to mine.

Unfortunately then my cam issue happened. I did notice that it seemed to free up some power when added.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oil does get puked out of the port. This is just from idling and revving it a bit at rest. Test ride to follow.

The air pressure coming out of the crank vent tubes DECREASES with increased RPM, which is a bit of a puzzle to me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
So now I have 3 crankcase vents, oil cap, stock, and cam side. Seems ludicrous frankly. :)

I think I will remove the oil cap vent because that makes adding oil a chore, due to the ohlins being mounted so close to the oil port.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts