Honda Grom banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys a question from the Netherlands. Can anyone provide me with a map for my Power Commander V?
I'm going to install a KOSO 170 cc 4 valve set. 34 mm KOSO trottlebody, TB cam, MNNTHBX intake, Akrapovic exhaust.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Grom
25 Posts
Hi guys a question from the Netherlands. Can anyone provide me with a map for my Power Commander V?
I'm going to install a KOSO 170 cc 4 valve set. 34 mm KOSO trottlebody, TB cam, MNNTHBX intake, Akrapovic exhaust.

Thanks!
Don't try running that setup without a wide-band 02 sensor, you'll really need to monitor your AFR. Also, the TB cam is for 2v heads, not 4v's.

·
Registered
2014 Grom
25 Posts
get aracer with af2
It's easy to tell someone to drop $900 on an Aracer system. While I agree it's a great option for him, he could also build a map and be okay with the Power Commander he already owns, but only if he buys the needed 02 module. FB groups have these for sale used almost every week.

Some of my real life Aracer friends have moved on to FuelTech systems to manage their bikes, and they kinda look down on Aracer in possibly the same way that many view Power Commander products. The only real thing that matters is that his AFR stays decent enough to not burn his piston out.

Reactions: janvanschuppen1

·
Registered
2014 Grom
25 Posts
meh, im at the track weekly. EVERYONE has Aracer. proof is in the pudding ...
You're missing the point entirely, and I don't care what you're seeing at your local track.

Aracer makes easy to use stuff that is great for most people, and I was only pointing out that dude doesn't need to spend the money if he doesn't want to. His Power Commander will work if he buys a wide-band module for it.

Going back to the point I was trying to make, many of us think we know stuff, and we hold strong views of the products we've purchased and we want to defend them, which is what you're doing.

My friend Garrett Stevens owns the fastest "Grom motor" based Grom in the world, he literally holds the current record. He wouldn't run an Aracer system if you broke both of his legs. But what works best for him is not the same as what works best for me and you, and that's the point I'm trying to make. Correct AFR is all that matters in the end, and the rest is all fluff.

Wheel Tire Helmet Vehicle Sports equipment

Reactions: BUCKNUT

·
Registered
2014 Grom
25 Posts
^ might be the slowest bike at kart track
At least I've learned not to have a semi-technical conversation about Grom motors with you in the future.

It's a shame, but it also explains why Facebook groups have taken over great pages like this. Aracer is teh #1 dude!!one one! :rolleyes:

Reactions: BUCKNUT

·
Registered
163 Posts
wow! WHY TO MAKE A mountain out of a mole hill. its.it's called sarcasm dude. sorry I got ur panites in a bunch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts