1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, the one they made for that photo hurts my eyes. The last thing the red monkey needs is another shade of red. The diamond stitching also does not help. I went all black leather with tuck and roll stitching so it should not shy away from the retro look as much. I will post a pic once it arrives.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Each to their own but I will pass on that mod. I like the stock seat. It is a main reason for my buying the Monkey and the saddle to tank gap of the stock saddle is correct and authentic.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have like 40 different color options and material. Remember you don’t have to get the diamond stitch pattern or a stitch pattern at all if you want. These are extremely customizable seats. The one I ordered will not look much different than stock, all black leather, tuck and roll stitch with a white welt

·
Registered
33 Posts
The big gap between the tank and the seat is a classic styling element of the original Monkey, so I don't understand why people wish to eliminate it. I've seen the tank risers, which I feel look doubly bad because they expose more of the unsightly stuff that sits under the tank. This seat isn't terrible, I guess. Either way, you are going to damage the paint where the seat rubs against the tank. To each their own, I guess.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went out for a daytime shot and hit golden hour. The non exhaust side does not get much love but hides interesting details as well. Anyone notice the horn upgrade?

6582D34E-3FAF-47A8-8489-1DD8A93F33BA.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's kinda weird how the piping just stops.. It looks kinda rushed. Kinda like they just unsewed the origianal seat, unrolled it and stuffed some foam in there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The piping stops so it won’t rub on your leg... AND I don’t have the problem of sitting on the rear welt like you guys do with your stock seats

1 - 17 of 17 Posts