Honda Grom banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the current consensus on best intake setup for a 34mm TB? I dont like the look of the DROW or Chimera solutions, anything else out there worth a look?

The GF rev wedge looks promising but not too much info out there.

Lets hear some ideas!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
194 Posts
What's the current consensus on best intake setup for a 34mm TB? I dont like the look of the DROW or Chimera solutions, anything else out there worth a look?

The GF rev wedge looks promising but not too much info out there.

Lets hear some ideas!
What about the dingerbuilt intakes? The gf rev wedge is just the manifold. You’d still need to do something about the intake pipe.

Or you can do an itb velocity stack with a sock filter like what I have on my monkey

·
Super Moderator
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the dingerbuilt intakes? The gf rev wedge is just the manifold. You’d still need to do something about the intake pipe.

Or you can do an itb velocity stack with a sock filter like what I have on my monkey
Im not seeing a whole lot of DB intakes available, esp the 32/34mm one. I remember even a few years back this being the case. I might try to find a reducer adapter to run one of the intakes meant for the stock TB.

I was hoping someone who has exp with the rev wedge can chime in, I'm aware the manifold and intake are separate.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
194 Posts
I’ve got a rev wedge on my monkey. The standard koso manifold was gonna get a bit thin for my liking with my porting.

You gotta keep in mind that the rev wedge changes the angle and height of the tb, so all the normal intake pipes won’t line up or look nice. If you have a non-koso head, you will have to enlarge the rev wedge yourself. It comes out of the box sized to match a stock throttle on stock head.

My setup is takegawa 4v head with a 33mm intake port, rev wedge, ported chimera/koso 37mm throttle, 50mm silicon 135 degree tube, Weber 50 ida stack and unifilter sock. All my porting has been done by me or by a head shop in Australia.

I’ll add some pictures to the post later.

·
Super Moderator
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve got a rev wedge on my monkey. The standard koso manifold was gonna get a bit thin for my liking with my porting.

You gotta keep in mind that the rev wedge changes the angle and height of the tb, so all the normal intake pipes won’t line up or look nice. If you have a non-koso head, you will have to enlarge the rev wedge yourself. It comes out of the box sized to match a stock throttle on stock head.

My setup is takegawa 4v head with a 33mm intake port, rev wedge, ported chimera/koso 37mm throttle, 50mm silicon 135 degree tube, Weber 50 ida stack and unifilter sock. All my porting has been done by me or by a head shop in Australia.

I’ll add some pictures to the post later.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

If I go with the wedge, I'll be using it on a Koso 4V head. In that case, the bore should match I'm assuming?

Would love pics. Thx.

·
Super Moderator
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics @mongerrr. Did you find that you needed to undo some of the wiring harness to get the injector portion of the loom to reach the new TB location? Any issues with the throttle cables coming off awkwardly?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
194 Posts
The injector part of the loom was ok, but I did have to undo the loom a bit for the tps connector. Iacv wire was pretty tight too. Keep in mind that most people using the rev wedge have it the other way around. I had to run it facing rear right on the monkey to make it fit with my catch can. The grom has a bit more room to play with.

When I ran it facing front left like the grom guys do, the throttle cable routing was no good and the intake barely fit. Again, shouldn’t be a problem on a grom.

Here’s an old photo with it facing forward

1 - 9 of 9 Posts