Honda Grom banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Condensation on my oem exhaust comes out/drips at slip on joint, how about yours. Idles at 1.5 to 1.75rpm.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Completely normal for any exhaust.

Exhaust heats up. When exhaust cools down the moisture that was in a gaseous state condenses and turns back into liquid water. It settles in the low points of the exhaust and then forced out when restarted. At least the moisture before the exhaust gets hot again turning the moisture back into steam. Water is a normal byproduct of any combustion.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I am pretty familiar that condensation is normal just never seen it going out of joints before always been from the tip of exhaust. You have a point about the lowest point that I never thought about and I almost put a gasket seal :)

Completely normal for any exhaust.

Exhaust heats up. When exhaust cools down the moisture that was in a gaseous state condenses and turns back into liquid water. It settles in the low points of the exhaust and then forced out when restarted. At least the moisture before the exhaust gets hot again turning the moisture back into steam. Water is a normal byproduct of any combustion.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Rusty trail there too.

Stick your finger in the exhaust while its running. It'll blow that crap out the weep hole above the slip joint.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine was pouring water all over the place today. Apparently when I ride slowly the exhaust gets cold enough to condense even at the end of a long ride. Thanks for the tip on covering the main pipe to blow the water out.

Here's a pic of the hole with water coming out
Auto part Exhaust system Muffler Pipe Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts