Honda Grom banner

381 - 400 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll add that I had the exact same problem as Stoked GE with the M4 snapping the tab off the frame. The first time, maybe 100 miles after I put it on, I noticed a loud rattling noise, turned out the bolt had loosed up a bit. Tightened it with a dab of blue loctite, about 1500 miles later I heard the noise again and this time the entire tab had come off with it.

Cleaned up the break and rewelded it with a little flux core mig. That lasted about two weeks until I whacked a pothole and it broke again. Think I'm going to forego the tab, and bolt a small length of beefy bar stock vertically to the frame above the tab, protruding about an inch to where the tab's hole used to be. Should provide a lot sturdier mounting point.

Has anyone contacted M4 about this problem? Once, you could call it a fluke, but this does not seem to be an isolated problem.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I’m loving the look of this system (below), it also looks like a good match for my 208cc engine…. But I can’t find it any where else! Any one got any ideas?

Anyone seen this?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
From local guy

Exhaust sounds nicer imo then my yosh, but those bolt holes for the exhaust guard don't disappear

·
Registered
224 Posts
nice one, hadn't spotted that before on there. I'm going to be annoying now, and ask if you could let me know 1) the inlet inside diameter, and 2) the two main diameters for the main pipe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi gromers. Has anyone installed a prostuff ST-1 dual carbon full exhaust on their grom? Hows that exhaust? how do you guys like the sound? Is it very loud or not too loud. I live here in CA. so you know how it is in this state. Any infos are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Subbin, would be great to get sound clips for these too as that seems to be the most popular question about exhausts for the grom

381 - 400 of 455 Posts