Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys, if you want to run your factory blinkers and the Composimo TT and the factory muffler you are going to LOVE me for this.

Parts needed:

2 - Rear Turn Signal Rubbers off of a 2014 CB500F PN 33613-MGZ-J00
2- Rear Turn Signal Stays ofF of a 2014 CB500F PN 33412-MGZ-J00
2- 1/4" fender washers from Lowe's
2- 1" diameter with 1/2" hole by 3/8" thick nynol spacer from Lowe's.
2 - Metric nuts to fit the threaded portion of the Rear Turn Signal Stays - also available at Lowe's

Picture of parts needed
TTParts Needed.jpg

You will need to cut a portion of the CB500F Rubber. Here is a before and after shot.

TTrubber before after.jpg

Here is a shot of the blinkers side by side, one modified and the other stock

TT blinker compare.jpg

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK here is a shot of one blinker installed on the TT

TTHalf Install.jpg

Seriously, if you can't figure out how to do it with these photos then you better just hire someone.

Here is a shot of the clearance between the blinker and the muffler - about 3/8" of an inch

tt clearance.jpg

Final shot

TT rearview.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together.

Cost for all parts was less that $25 and I got what I wanted Composimo TT and Factory blinkers and factory muffler.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also you will notice this mod reverses the holes used by the blinker bolt and wire. The wire is near the license plate light and does NOT interfere with the license plate light bolts/nuts.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That might work but I would still have to buy them and the bolts would still interfere with the plate light bolts.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ride report.

Even though I am unhappy with my handlebar selection I sill managed to get out and ride today.

The top on my rt rear turn signal got hotter from the sun beating on it than the bottom did from the exhaust.

Pretty sure I am golden with this set up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks, rkwfxd, just did this mod this morning. It looks great! Just followed your directions; was a piece of cake. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts