Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I definitely plan on having a few really trick things available for the GROM... I haven't been this excited about a 2-wheeled machine since the very first time i saw a Ruckus... lol! I know a lot of people will have a lot of fun with these. It makes the perfect '2nd Bike' for the Ruck imho... Just like i've used my MadAss125 as my 2nd Bike. For me, this isn't replacing the Ruck at all... it's replacing my MadAss :p

If you haven't seen, i already have a GROM section up on my site here: http://www.composimo.com/GROM-PARTS_c_11.html ... obviously there is nothing there right now, but there will be :) So bookmark it, and keep an eye out!

By the way... I already have a fairly extensive "wish list" of my own for parts, but if anyone has seen something about the bike they'd like to see also, you can always PM me with them.... i caution though that i already have a big list of things, so don't be upset if its something i've already thought of... lol! And there are also some things that i'm not particularly interested in doing (bodywork would be one of those things)... So bottom line, i make no promises, other than i'll listen :)

Like most of you, i can't wait to have fun with my GROM :p

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks! Just a quick Photoshop of what i'd like to start with :) In real life, it'll probably wind up being a bit lower, longer, etc... lol!

·
Registered
677 Posts
i dig your ruckus stuff! glad to have you here. cant wait to see what you come up with!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I think if I were going to be a vender and I were going to be producing parts for the Grom I would post up a list of parts that I had planned on producing or importing. That way schmucks like me could look at the list and possible wait to see what you have before we order from someone else.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
but, you wouldnt want to release all the ideas.... because then other vendors might copy/steal the idea before the bike even comes out.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
True. I'm just thinking if I wanted a pipe and I saw one but knew another was coming out soon I would wait. Same with rear fender eliminators and seats and a bunch of stuff. There is going to be a big rush to trick these out so if you are not first on the market with your product, you are going to miss some sales unless you get riders to wait. No? IDK I never owned an accessory business so I don't have any experience at it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
i just know with the ruckus scene, the first "pioneers" made some things, then within weeks there were knockoffs everywhere and it sucked. but..... theres already a million parts out, so i dont think it will be as bad anyway

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Well either way stuff is going to get copied. That is one of the things that keeps me from going into production on a couple of non-motorcycle items I have developed.

·
Registered
677 Posts
indeed. i would think releasing products before the bike is out would make it worse. most people wont buy things till they get the bike, so it gives the other guys time to scramble and get something going before its released, as opposed to be the "only kid on the block" for a few months

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys... yea, i think that here in the States, ESPECIALLY because everyone is basically going to be getting the bike at the same time, you are going to see guys developing similar parts to other guys, things are going to look the same for the most part, but each vendor will (hopefully) have their own style added to it. I know that for the Ruckus parts, if you look at each persons "designs", they all have a particular look to them, and each manufacturer is a bit different, even if they have sorta-similar products.

The big thing i'm worried about, is people RUSHING something to market just to claim they were first without actually testing or using the part very much.

I am looking forward to getting mine though (and a couple others that are heading to the shop as well), and playing around with it, and making a few trick things for it ;) The months of waiting is a total bummer tho.. haha! I almost wish they had waited another month or two before announcing it and getting us all excited!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts