Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to officially announce an 'alliance' of sorts, between Ohlins USA and ComposiMo Fabrication!

The GREAT thing about ComposiMo Fabrication working with Ohlins USA, is that they are literally about 5 minutes around the corner from us! So having something checked out, rebuilt, revalved, etc will be no issue at all! This also means you can purchase a rear shock that can be adjusted accordingly from the start if need be for your weight/riding style, not just a super-expensive-one-size-fits-hopefully-you shock valving. It is the perfect fit for us to work together, and they are really excited about this little bike, and working with us to make new stuff for it!

Ohlins FOCUSES on building the BEST racing suspension and dampening components for motorcycles and race cars world-wide... that is ALL they do! Other companies sell everything from knee pads to goggles, and dampers somewhere in between... Ohlins products are featured on some of the HOTTEST production and specialty superbikes on the planet!

So be on the lookout for some very nice stuff very soon from ComposiMo Fabrication, featuring Ohlins USA products! Here is a sneak peak into what is happening for the GROM at the moment!

;)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
OK, I'm in. So will I just send my forks in to be re-worked and then shipped back with a custom shock and steering dampner?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, we are looking at the options with the forks, but that is a VERY difficult one to do right since Honda was nice enough to make it so that the fork (as it relates to the spring and valving anyway) was basically not able to be taken apart at all.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Definitely interested in this! I was kinda hoping this would happen with you two being so close. I am anxious to see these forks for myself. I have yet to find a set I couldnt modify or service myself. I can't wait to see what honda has done.

So are we getting shock choices or is it just gonna be one replacement option? I'd love one with a ride height adjustment. ;);)

Sent from my Atari using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yet another partnership within the Grom community. Awesome!!! Cant wait to see what you guys come up with. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in for suspension, will be waiting anxiously for updates!

·
Registered
325 Posts
neat, lets see what comes of this.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just bumping this up, because mid-late september we'll have a really nice US-based option! Its taken a little while, but very soon, no need to import anything and pay bigger markups/shipping costs :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
A little more info!! It's kiling me

1 - 20 of 46 Posts