Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Kitaco skid plate, but I would really like to upgrade to a new exhaust system. Does anyone know what might fit with my skid plate without having to do any cutting or modifications??

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
820 Posts
Have any close up pictures of the stock exhaust clearance and the skid plate and mounting?

The stock exhaust takes up a lot of room.

One of the exhausts I noticed having a lot of clearance from researching pictures is the Termignoni.

Slip on exhausts will give high likelihood of fitting too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have any close up pictures of the stock exhaust clearance and the skid plate and mounting?

The stock exhaust takes up a lot of room.

One of the exhausts I noticed having a lot of clearance from researching pictures is the Termignoni.

Slip on exhausts will give high likelihood of fitting too.
I'll take a photo and post it. Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
So far, I’ve not found any after market headers that work with skid plates without some modification to the skid plate. The headers usually attempt to remove that initial bend to the cat that the stock header does and that winds up right where most of the skid plates seem to want to mount. I’ve seen a few people hammer out some of the parts near the header and get it to fit.

The other issue I’ve seen with most available skid plates has been questionable mounting locations. Basically they seem like they look nice, but a good hit could basically just move that shock to some other part of the engine casing that might not really want to take that force.

That said, still really wanting to find a good skid plate option.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It ain't cheap but I think it is one of the best looking by far and it has good clearance for aftermarket parts.
Would make sense that kitaco would come out with a header to fit their skid plate. Might look decent with a bit of header pipe wrapping to reduce some of that overall chrome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts