Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Competition Werkes Exhausts coming soon. (edit) ITS HERE! Post pics!

Fender Eliminator Kits, Tail Tidy, Exhausts, Lighting, Turn Signals and Foot Pegs. Sport bike accessories made in the USA by Competition Werkes since 1984.

I Took my Grom out to Competition Werkes today its about 5 min from my house.
They are EVERY excited about the grom. They mentioned they saw them a Laguna Seca awhile back.

Im scheduled to drop off the Grom in 2 weeks for them to start tearing into it.

They said first things first. Fender eliminator. then exhaust.

for those of you unfamiliar with this company they are known to be the
ones who basically first started making the fender eliminator kits.

I'll keep everyone updated here.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Very cool, when you get it back post a video of the exhaust if you have some time. I'd be interested to hear how that sounds.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love them. I've got their fender eliminator on my 919. That exhaust looks sickkkkkk

2004 Honda 919
1978 Triumph Tiger
1989 Honda GL15 ( A work in progress...)
2014 Honda Grom ( Soon to come)

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Thanks for initiating this Brandon!

However, Werks has their marketing stratagy backwords - The U.S. market need good exhaust options, not another fender eliminator. Any goober with a bandsaw can make a fender eliminator, but it takes a fabrication shop to make decent pipes.

If these guys can get to market with decent Grom exhausts, they will stay in the lead with sales.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
However, Werks has their marketing stratagy backwords
IDK how they do biz, but i would assume they could have a the minimum wage worker draw up the
file for the eliminator in a hour. Where the exhaust is going to take some time. They said a week for
the bike. IDK, i cant speak for them but i have a feeling both products will be uploaded and for sale
at the same time. The Fender Eliminator is the main biz. And im sure that wont hold up the exhaust production at all.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
IDK how they do biz, but i would assume they could have a the minimum wage worker draw up the
file for the eliminator in a hour. Where the exhaust is going to take some time. They said a week for
the bike. IDK, i cant speak for them but i have a feeling both products will be uploaded and for sale
at the same time. The Fender Eliminator is the main biz. And im sure that wont hold up the exhaust production at all.
Your're probably right.

I dont know their biz either but I want that exhaust!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
already had 2 PM's asking if i know how much it will be lol..
Guys, i have no idea.. I do know when he looked at it he said. "we are going to have to make a full new header"

looking at the site just a CLIP ON is kinda spendy... :/ 2013 Kawasaki ZX6 GP Slip-on Exhaust
A clip-on + a new header :/ has me thinking the price is going to be more then id prob want to spend. But.. We shall see.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
already had 2 PM's asking if i know how much it will be lol..
Guys, i have no idea.. I do know when he looked at it he said. "we are going to have to make a full new header"

looking at the site just a CLIP ON is kinda spendy... :/ 2013 Kawasaki ZX6 GP Slip-on Exhaust
A clip-on + a new header :/ has me thinking the price is going to be more then id prob want to spend. But.. We shall see.
You shouldnt have to spend anything. You are letting them use your bike for R&D, when you get it back it should have the header and Fender Eliminator already on it.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts