Honda Grom banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a Kawasaki KSR, the reason why the MSX exists! Honda wanted to compete against the KSR in Thailand so out comes the Grom for you guys.
Here's some photo's I have of both of my bikes.
20130715_181311.jpg 20130715_181321.jpg 20130715_181400.jpg 20130715_183058.jpg
Mods to MSX:
Yoshimura full pipe
Protaper handle bar and grips
YSS Shock
Luggage rack
Mirrors
Monster airbox cover matte black w/mesh
Mesh side vent covers
Marchessini wheel decal
GOLD:
Levers
Rear sets
Fork caps
Wheel spacer
Handle bar clamp
Front sproket cover
Oil cap
Brake fluid cap
Triple tree nut
Engine covers
Cable holders
Headlight bolts
Fender bolts
License plate holder
Crown tire stem caps

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The KSR is a clutchless system. All the way down is neutral. There is a reserve fuel tank in the KSR which has the capacity of almost 2 gallons.. The KSR also has a much softer seat and feels lighter. The KSR pretty much a 1 seater, but I have seen 3 riders on one before. The KSR is also a 110cc. The MSX overall has a more solid build quality, so don't worry as you are not missing out on much.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
The KSR is a clutchless system. All the way down is neutral. There is a reserve fuel tank in the KSR which has the capacity of almost 2 gallons.. The KSR also has a much softer seat and feels lighter. The KSR pretty much a 1 seater, but I have seen 3 riders on one before. The KSR is also a 110cc. The MSX overall has a more solid build quality, so don't worry as you are not missing out on much.
Thanks. Are you going to bring both bikes back when you return to the US?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will only be bringing parts from the MSX over, maybe a couple sets of white fairings, clear turn signals, and projector headlights. I'm too lazy to deal with customs, registrations, and taxes when it comes to importing things. It would be a lot nicer to start new and learn from the mistakes I've made with the 1st one. Such as don't use a towel on the gauge cluster, because the plastic is softer than a helmet's visor. Also don't allow people to put tire shine and greasy gunk all over your brakes. Be careful not to scratch the black paint when putting the seat back on. And the rear fender gets easily messed up from taking it off and putting it back on. Plus someone put a scratch on my headlight lens as well. So with all that and being some what of a perfectionist, I want to start again!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I will only be bringing parts from the MSX over, maybe a couple sets of white fairings, clear turn signals, and projector headlights. I'm too lazy to deal with customs, registrations, and taxes when it comes to importing things. It would be a lot nicer to start new and learn from the mistakes I've made with the 1st one. Such as don't use a towel on the gauge cluster, because the plastic is softer than a helmet's visor. Also don't allow people to put tire shine and greasy gunk all over your brakes. Be careful not to scratch the black paint when putting the seat back on. And the rear fender gets easily messed up from taking it off and putting it back on. Plus someone put a scratch on my headlight lens as well. So with all that and being some what of a perfectionist, I want to start again!
Listen up people. Sounds like some good advise to me learned from first hand experience. Thanks CA

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bike went back to stock today. Took my parts off and taking them back to Texas with me in 10 days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts