Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a C4 handbrake and it doesn't have a spot for the factory switch. I have read that some are just jumping it to bypass. Anyone else have a more legit fix? Also, I read that some are experiencing some power loss when the wire is jumped? I am a little on the heavy side and need all the juice I can get...

Thanks,
MXMMF4T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. I don't know why there would even be a difference.

·
Registered
83 Posts
lol, he whole debate of the clutch switch and any changes to the ecu are complete BS.

The ecu does not know the difference between the clutch or the side stand, Wire them together, and you will be good.
I don't remember if you ever tried unplugging yours, but if the circuit is open it definitely raises idle. There's no debate, just unplug yours (though I'm not sure if Finbro ECU is the same as stock in that regard).

But yeah, wire together and it's fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bypassed mine yesterday. Cannot tell any difference.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I don't remember if you ever tried unplugging yours, but if the circuit is open it definitely raises idle. There's no debate, just unplug yours (though I'm not sure if Finbro ECU is the same as stock in that regard).

But yeah, wire together and it's fine.

if you look at the wiring diagram there is no way the ECU knows the difference between the clutch being pulled in and the kickstand down etc... they are all wired together.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Reviving this thread. Has anyone experienced any problems with jumping the clutch safety switch? On other bikes it does affect the fuel map. Has it been determined for certain that the grom ecu is not affected?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts