Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have a brand new 2020 Grom and I couldnt stand the amount of play and lack of feedback the clutch had so I made a clean spring assist solution. I didn't want to pull the cover and do new clutch springs yet so this was an easy cost effective solution. Lever pull and clutch engagement is so much better now. Took about 5 minutes to install and was well worth it!

Here's the ebay link if anyone is interested:

·
Registered
12 Posts
This would only change the feel of the lever. Its not going to do anything for the clutch at all.

That said I guess most of the problem is with the lever so I'd be interested to see what others think of it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yes that spring is only going to alter (for better or worse) the feel at the lever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my first thought too but after riding on it and thinking about it, its actaully placed in a pretty well thoughtout spot where it pushes off the cable tension mount and against the clutch arm so it has a direct force to the clutch. Definitely helped both the lever and clutch engagement in my opinion and it was only $10 bucks so wasnt much to lose. Really surprised Honda doesn't install stiffer springs from the factory though

·
Registered
22 Posts
My friends grom had problems with the clutch lever fully returning. He found that a bit a grease on the lever perch helped. But I can see how this would also have helped him a bit. Interesting for sure

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased my spring last week. Super fast delivery and service. What a differance the spring makes in the clutch lever. The spring takes a lot of play out of the clutch lever. This along with clutch springs... WOW!

·
Registered
286 Posts
These last two replies are probably alternate logins created by the same user to pedal an ebay product that does nothing. Save your money. Both post were done less than an hour after they joined the forum. No post since....

·
Vendor
1,867 Posts
Agreed. If you actually bought it, and actually like it, that’s all that matters. That said, it mechanically does nothing for clutch function. That’s a fact. To each their own, but in a world where everyone upgrades to hydraulic clutches for easier pull, and a system that actually does impact clutch function, it seems odd anyone would want stiffer clutch pull, with no actually impact on clutch performance...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mnnthbx, I am loving your exhaust on my rig btw. Awesome product. My neighbors hate it though lol. 😆

I am not a racer and just wanted to take some play out of my lever. I could spend $10 to get the feel I wanted or spend several hundred if not thousands on a bike that at the end of the day... still won't keep up with the Ducati. This is all about having fun on a play bike. I am amazed that people are dropping thousands into these toys when they could just go buy a Ducati for the same price. As you say, to each is own. We are all here to have fun. One love.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agreed. If you actually bought it, and actually like it, that’s all that matters. That said, it mechanically does nothing for clutch function. That’s a fact. To each their own, but in a world where everyone upgrades to hydraulic clutches for easier pull, and a system that actually does impact clutch function, it seems odd anyone would want stiffer clutch pull, with no actually impact on clutch performance...
MNNTHBX you guys make killer products and am a fan of yours but if you want to say it does absolutely nothing without testing it for yourself you would be making a complete assumption and i wouldnt expect that from a great company like yourself. You guys are smart enough to know friction in a cable creates a resistance force that slows the actuation of the clutch when released, this spring essentially helps compensate for that and lets the clutch deactivate faster. Works way better than I ever expected and would suggest you try it too on one of your groms. Just sharing some rad inexpensive grom mods on here. I just got my grom about 4 weeks ago and have about 800 miles on it now. Loving every minute!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts