Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,
Dropping in to start a new thread with the upgraded dyno to split up the data. I have learned a LOT over the years and this new dyno is full awesome features to get the most out of the builds. I am going to do my best to keep this updated each Friday/every other Friday. I am working on about half dozen different platforms right now so I get pretty busy to hit the forums daily. Running multiple screens on the dyno has become easy for me to drag and drop information as it comes in. This past spring I turned my hobby into a full time job and have been enjoying every minute. We purchased a Dynojet 250i and opened up shop in a small warehouse to be run by my girlfriend and I. Every sale we make goes straight into further development so we appreciate all your support thus far! I wanted to fill you in on an upcoming project. We recently picked up a brand new 2019 Honda Grom AND Monkey to do testing with from the ground up. We have already knocked out initial testing with the Honda Monkey however I haven't dove into the new Grom just yet. I have been slowly gathering up every intake, exhaust, camshaft, fuel management system, injectors, throttle bodies, etc. to do a giant test. A ground up build running through every stage I can possibly come up with. Pretty much anything I can get my hands on so we can start mix/matching data. The combinations are endless which is where you all come in, if you have a request, leave a comment! I also plan to offer an option where a customer can send me his specs, I build our shop grom to match and we set it up with a custom tune on the ECU of your choice. If any of you guys have products you would like third party tested lets throw them into the mix as well.
CJR Grom.jpg
I am at least another week or two out on diving into the project so I wanted to get a game plan going so we don't have to back track if possible. During the testing I will be using multiple fuel controllers, generally starting with the stock ECU and comparing ECU flashes to stand-alones and piggybacks. Common setup's I will create maps for and have a variety of free ones you can try on the website along with some setup guides to help you all out.
Current Test Parts -
Intake - Stock Airbox, Stock Filter, Modified Stock Filter, KOSO Filter, Dingerbuilt Short Ram, Dingerbuilt Mid-Length, DHM Velocity Stack, Chimera, Radiator Hose, KOSO Connecting tube 34mm tb, Chimera 34mm intake, Dingerbuilt Mid & Long 34mm
Throttle Body - Stock, Ported Stock, 26mm, 28mm, 30mm, 34mm, 37mm
ECU Testing - MCU Innovations Flash, Dynojet PV3, Power Commander V, aRacer RCM5, RC2, Bazzaz, Yuminashi, Finbro
Cylinder Head - Stock Head, Ported Stock Valve head, Finbro HR Head 27/23, DHM Race Head
Clutch Covers - Kitaco Cover + Takegawa Cover
Piston - OEM 125cc, Flat Top 125cc, DHM Dome 125cc, 131cc stock piston overbore, 143cc Takegawa, 147cc, 170cc, 186cc, and any others that pop up.
More to add soon.

We will also be working on some high output race spec builds on the other bikes as we get ready for the 2020 season!

Little short on time with this post so I'll add more in when I can -

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
reserved

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reserved

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reserved 3

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reserved4

·
Registered
151 Posts
Subscribed

Looking forward to reading updates.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looking forward to testing out new map in coming days

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question.

Common setup's I will create maps for and have a variety of free ones you can try on the website along with some setup guides to help you all out.
Website details?

here is my setup. Do you have anything close? ECU presently flashed with PV3

Yoshi RS9 full exhaust
DynoJet PCV
DynoJet WBC2
DynoJet POD 300
DynoJet PV3
Finbro Ported Head with oversized valves
Finbro high compression 125cc piston
Koso upgraded cam tensioner
Koso high performance cam
Koso 35mm throttle body