Honda Grom banner

321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts

OR

Option 4) They enjoy the sound, the looks, the Weight Savings, and the performance gains of these Parts.

And then eventually will save enough to get the Fuel Controller......... if they want.

How can a so called tech savvy firm say this when everybody else seems to think both the open filter and full exhaust makes the bike run "dangerously lean". Has anybody even got a definate answer to the question so many seem to be asking.... ?

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
How can a so called tech savvy firm say this when everybody else seems to think both the open filter and full exhaust makes the bike run "dangerously lean". Has anybody even got a definate answer to the question so many seem to be asking.... ?

Here in America... customers allowed to spend their money how they want to ? :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
so if i install this intake it can cause damage to pistons ??
LOL no it won't. I asked the same questions when I first got my Grom. It is my opinion that you can run the intake with a full exhaust with no fuel controller and be ok. Will your Grom run at it's best? Probably not. Will it make your engine blow up? Most definitely not.

Go read up on fuel controllers and you'll learn that it only controls between 80% - 100% throttle, which means anything below it will be the same as not using a fuel controller. To control the full range, you also need to get an autotune. Total cost for both is $500.

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
LOL no it won't. I asked the same questions when I first got my Grom. It is my opinion that you can run the intake with a full exhaust with no fuel controller and be ok. Will your Grom run at it's best? Probably not. Will it make your engine blow up? Most definitely not.

Go read up on fuel controllers and you'll learn that it only controls between 80% - 100% throttle, which means anything below it will be the same as not using a fuel controller. To control the full range, you also need to get an autotune. Total cost for both is $500.

Well said.

Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On the 2017 From SF.... does anyone know if the fairing rod is necessary? Steady Garage gives the option to include it or not and if the fairings won't flap around on the 2017's then i'll save myself the $16. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Its not necessary on either. but the fairing panels attach onto the airbox in the same way as the OG, right? If so, you'd probably want the rod.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its not necessary on either. but the fairing panels attach onto the airbox in the same way as the OG, right? If so, you'd probably want the rod.
I just went and looked at my bike and I can't find a single place where the airbox attaches to the fairing panels which would mean if the fairings aren't flapping around right now then they wouldn't be when I removed the airbox. Or at least i would assume they wouldn't. :suspicion::confused-new:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Looking at the parts drawings... The airbox has the same spots for holding the fairings as the OG (didn't confirm same part number tho). And the side panels have a similar clip/thing that the OG does too.
OG #3, far left side of it.

SF #10, On the leftish side of the piece, in the Honda watermark.

I don't have a SF, so I definitely cant confirm, but it looks like it mounts the same. I however, do not know if the fairing rod will work with the SF due to different bolt pattern. Call Steady or HR. They prolly would know.

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

The Air box is same for both bikes. And attaches in the same place.

The SF Side panels are much more rigid then the OG.

We've seen customers not use the rod on both bikes. But, all it takes is some good wind gust or a loose bolt, and eventually they will get ripped off the bike.

For only a little bit of money, it's worth just getting the Rod when you order the CHimera.

That's why we only sell the Chimera WITH The rod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is it possible to ride the chimera Intake with a standard imam setting. Map 3 is on with a full tyga system and kitaco 2 cap.
Will it run to lean? Or better switch to mapping for 133 kitaco so it becomes richer?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I got a self adjusting ECU so my engine doesn't run lean with a free flowing intake and exhaust. :)

321 - 334 of 334 Posts