Honda Grom banner

281 - 300 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
First post. I just got my intake installed with the kn filter and dry charger. So far so good. A very noticeable difference for the better. I haven't been able to run top speed checks with it but I'm in love with how much faster it gets up. I've only got 650 miles on the bike so far. Love not having the big air box in front too. I'm also running mnnthbx exhaust

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
After running stock airbox and m4 for a while and then switching to the chimera, there definitely seems to be a difference. It's not a dramatic power boost, but it seems to reach 60 easier. Previously 60 required a considerable WOT pull before tapping out at 62-63. Now it can cruise at 60 without too much effort, and pull to 65-66, or push 70 with a tuck. Downhill hits the limiter no problem with a -1 front sprocket. Bike has a little over 2000 miles so well broken in.

It makes it one noisy little bike. Not only is there a lot of snorting from the intake, but it definitely made the straight m4 even louder. It's obnoxious.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Id like to order one of these, are they in stock?

Thx

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
Still waiting on mine...

Sorry, just got backed up.

We are trying to ship all the back orders out as fast we can possible can.

Promise.

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
After running stock airbox and m4 for a while and then switching to the chimera, there definitely seems to be a difference. It's not a dramatic power boost, but it seems to reach 60 easier. Previously 60 required a considerable WOT pull before tapping out at 62-63. Now it can cruise at 60 without too much effort, and pull to 65-66, or push 70 with a tuck. Downhill hits the limiter no problem with a -1 front sprocket. Bike has a little over 2000 miles so well broken in.

It makes it one noisy little bike. Not only is there a lot of snorting from the intake, but it definitely made the straight m4 even louder. It's obnoxious.

and don't forget, it also makes a very (dangerous) lean running bike, especially together with an open exhaust.
Fuel controller highly recommended

·
Registered
116 Posts
Has anybody actually tested weather a full pipe and intake makes the bike lean out loads? Why doesnt the ECU compensate?

281 - 300 of 334 Posts