Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was lucky enough to get ahold of one of these intakes from Steady Garage. It's a quality piece and is super easy to install. It also comes with the fairing brace so your plastics aren't flapping in the wind. The intake improved throttle response. I can feel the pull now. Also am able to get to 60mph easier. This was definitely a good pair with my Tyga exhaust. Contact Steady Garage for more details on the kit.

http://www.steadygarage.com/store/two-wheels/mc-parts/honda-grom-msx-125/chimera-short-ram-honda-grom-125-air-intake

·
Registered
235 Posts
Look nice! I can't see in the pictures but is there a place to bolt on the IAT sensor? Also what does the inside part of the intake that steps up to the diameter of the filter look like? Is it a smooth transition or just stepped?

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look nice! I can't see in the pictures but is there a place to bolt on the IAT sensor? Also what does the inside part of the intake that steps up to the diameter of the filter look like? Is it a smooth transition or just stepped?

There is a place for it. The inside diameter of the intake doesn't step up. It's the same diameter throughout.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you read any of Stroked-GE build thread you will notice the radiator hose that is used to replace the stock airbox to throttle body hose. The setup you show looks good but when it rains (Florida gets alot of that) I am not sure how your piece will keep water out of the intake stream. Where the radiator hose is larger than the stock piece and still uses the original Honda air filter system so no worries about rain and still provide more air as well as stock filter replacement ability. Also, no need for fairing brace as stock airbox is retained. If you got caught in a rain shower would you continue on with the Chimera intake piece?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks sick! I want one! The rain issue wouldn't be a problem for me. I don't ride my Grom across country so I'd just go back home or keep riding it like I stole it. You could always just put one of the filter socks over the K&N and that would solve your problem if you're worried about it sucking water

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you read any of Stroked-GE build thread you will notice the radiator hose that is used to replace the stock airbox to throttle body hose. The setup you show looks good but when it rains (Florida gets alot of that) I am not sure how your piece will keep water out of the intake stream. Where the radiator hose is larger than the stock piece and still uses the original Honda air filter system so no worries about rain and still provide more air as well as stock filter replacement ability. Also, no need for fairing brace as stock airbox is retained. If you got caught in a rain shower would you continue on with the Chimera intake piece?
The amount of water that reaches the intake will be minimal. I don't ride in the rain... But if i got caught in the rain I would have no problem continuing to my destination. I have ridden my Ruckus with a GY6 and open filter in pouring rain with no problem.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts