Honda Grom banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the English version of the owners manual and I see that Grom owners can switch between kph and mph by pressing select and set on the speedo

in Taiwan everything is in KPH anyway but wanted to see If I could switch to MPH for fun factor and because I do like seeing MPH being from the US myself I couldn't do it : ( I pressed, held, pressed both, held both etc,... all I could do is change between trip mode and actual kilometers but a no go for kph to mph and km to miles on the speedo

Is there a hack for this? or is the msx 125 stuck with kph only mode speedo and its the grom speedo that can be switched in between mph and kph?

If thats the case kinda seems pointless for honda to make a kph only speedo for the msx when they could have just made 1 speedo for the grom and msx and make it switchable between kph and mph

anyone else out there able to switch between kph and mph? on a grom? on a msx 125?

Might consider getting a grom speedo in the future

218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the confirmation of that Hmmmmm... Any other MSX owners out there able to change to MPH? Am I the only one not able to? If other MSX owners can change to MPH the it must be human error ( my human error) I played with the buttons for hours trying all kinds of pressing algorithms with no avail.

218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I did press and hold but no luck I will try it again I am thinking maybe the Taiwan Gov or Dealer
disabled the button to be changeable because its KPH here pressing the button on the right has never done anything, including holding it down maybe I have a bad button, or its been deactivated/programmed by Taiwan customs who knows,.. will keep trying or just might upgrade to koso

218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured out according to the Thai owners manual that the Thai Msx 125 cant switch between mph and kph so im guessing all other models can except the Thai model at least according to the Thai owners manual pressing the set button seems to be disabled/do nothing

218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You most likely got a thai made MSX strange that feature was disabled for certain regions would make more sense for honda to just make 1 speedo
might be cheaper and easier to track part numbers/logistically speaking for them to so it must be something to do with the laws, maybe certain countries
in asia can not legally have a switchable speedo or some technical law about new manufacturer motorcycle sales

I would get a usa/japan speedo for this feature but im thinking might as well get a koso speedo it has a built in gear indicator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts