Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Adjust the two nuts at the ends of your swing arm. The first nut is used as a lock nut, the second adjusts your chain. Adjust both sides equally otherwise you won’t have proper allighnment. Also, make sure to loosen the rear axel before you adjust your chain otherwise you’ll get nowhere.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts

This guy is using a motion pro chain alignment tool but the concept of how he adjust the chain should help.

i have both the slack setter and the alignment tool and really like them both but they aren’t necessary.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adjust the two nuts at the ends of your swing arm. The first nut is used as a lock nut, the second adjusts your chain. Adjust both sides equally otherwise you won’t have proper allighnment. Also, make sure to loosen the rear axel before you adjust your chain otherwise you’ll get nowhere.
Thanks. Now I have another question, When spraying your chain with the Maxima Chain Wax Chain Lube., how can you tell when you have the whole chain sprayed. Looks the same when I am done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kind of wing it and touch it with my fingers. You want to make sure the chain and sprockets have a nice coat, but not dripping with lube. Honestly you can’t overdo it because your chain will just fling off the excess, it’s a bit messy though. Better to overdo than under-do in the long run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts