Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
The chain is a 420 size. I don't know the number of links but it is probably less than 115-120 long.

Handlebars are 7/8" diameter. There are a couple of Pro-Taper and Renthal models that work. Just make sure you have at least 195-200mm of straight surface at the bar ends to fit everything on. Mixed results on bars so far. I am liking my Pro-Taper bars for the Kawasaki KLX/DRZ110. They are wide enough. I have even thought about shortening them a bit.

·
Registered
592 Posts
That should work, but there are much better options and of course, more $$ :) Make sure you have a good chain breaker on hand, too. It will need a 420 sized pin. I'll do some research tomorrow and see if I can find anything better to use for a replacement chain.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't need a chain breaker but the swingarm pivot bolt needs flipped around so the nut is on the left side.

The left foot peg mount and front sprocket cover is all that's needed for chain removal.

·
Registered
592 Posts
You don't need a chain breaker to shorten the new chain? I mean, I know you can hammer it out with vice and punch, but why not have the proper tools on hand?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well to shorten one sure. But a breaker isn't necessary to change out the chain itself.

Besides, there's a removable link as OE.
Its painted pink.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have had very good luck with RK Racing chains on my big bikes. My TL1000R would chew up crappy chains with its torque. Might look into those or the DID.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts