Honda Grom banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes, it's worth it.

However, the price fluctuates with exchange rate. Watch it for a while if you're not in a rush as it should drop back down to about US$115 before shipping.
The kepspeed swingarm is actually cheaper when purchased from Belgium in Euros shipped to the USA. About $150 complete.

Ordered one today. Thanks for the example and encouragement!

Installed. Indeed a nice swingarm.

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Automotive exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Finally installed the Core Moto braided brake lines.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Got stuck trying to mount the oil cooler.

I must have an older design, it was BNIB, all sealed plastics so kijiji seller I got it from never even tried installing it. As designed, cooler sticks out too far and will get hit by front fender on compression.

I also can't properly torque the standoffs on the head. The current version the manuf advertises has the nut on the opposite end of the standoff. I may try to see if I can get some of that hardware else figure out alternative mounting. For now, it does clear if I flip the mount upside down but I think I'll deal with it later.

In meantime, I did finally do the complete oil change which includes cleaning the metal screen and the spinner. It was probably never done as previous owner of bike got it at ~800kms and said he never opened up case, just changed oil every 500kms. Only take a liter so cheap...

Noticed that the magnetic drain plug I installed actually interferes a bit with the screen - magnetic post touches the screen. Presumably ok and/or even maybe helps retain metal particles on screen...

I did get a Takegawa Special Parts oil pump though, 40% more flow, so that's at least good insurance even without the extra cooling.

Reactions: Phoenix and Pard

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
So the HRC tygon brake line is no bueno. Motul 5.1 brake fluid sweats and clouded the tube.

I may need to put the stock hose and reservoir back on. I switched to SF rectifier though so can't use factory mounting location any more.

I may look for an aftermarket reservoir.

Reactions: Pard

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,527 Posts
They say it only sweats for a week or two, then works fine after that. I've read that it is normal?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
They say it only sweats for a week or two, then works fine after that. I've read that it is normal?
I think it depends on the fluid used.

This is done, absorbed moisture i think. I can try re-bleeding with some different fluid perhaps.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Been awhile since updating, will post up more this fall as apply a few more mods.

HardRacing has the Ohlins HO424 and 524 on closeout. Ordered Weds, arrived today 🤙

Coil spring Gas Auto part Metal Suspension

Reactions: Pard and DRZDUSTIN

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Was a busy week - found out there was one more local track day at Lombardy Raceway, a kart track about an hour away from Ottawa. I installed the Öhlins rear shock and tackled the Racing Bros fork kit I've had on the shelf for over a year.

Had a blast the track day put on by Home | Super Sonic Road Race School - they run the CANADIAN MINI SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES as well as a bunch of courses of varying levels, from absolute beginner to racecraft.

This track day wasn't tied to an upcoming race weekend like they normally are, so turnout was low and it ended up being open lapping for the day!

The new suspension worked amazing and the ContiScoot tires gripped well.

I've been very happy with my CJR flashed ECU combined with intake, cam and exhaust on the street as I can keep the engine at higher rpms as needed, but at the track, I wanted more power down low in the RPM range. I was having to downshift for corners whereas if I had more power down low, I could have stayed in third and just concentrated on my lines and riding, which was my primary goal for the day. Spent a few days poring over various threads

I chatted with Cameron Jones today about the DHM high comp piston and whether it would restore some of the bottom end that I've lost after putting in the TB cam. He said
it should "bring back about 10% more low-mid, and the adjustable cam sprocket can bump up another 5-8% in the low end as well", so I ordered both :cool:

Also ordered the Avail vented cam cover as I see numerous reports about needing a crankcase breather and I wanted to retain my clear cam cover.

I installed the G-Craft engine brace last week as well. It helped reduce the high rpm vibration in the pegs a lot. It's still there at ~9k rpm but it's significantly reduced elsewhere in the RPM range. It muted it everywhere else but the most significant harmonic frequencies I guess. Quite satisfied with the result.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Bicycle part

Automotive tire Tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle fork

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Also ordered some bits from Tyga. Their 4th crank bearing support is only US$30 and doesn't require drilling an oil port. Their fork tube service clamps are a good value as are their captive wheel spacers.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts