Honda Grom banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
And installed.

Put the kepspeed swingarm on now as well because of the nicer chain adjusters. Also needle bearings vs rubber bushings.

Used rear wheel is missing a bearing cover/seal that holds the spacer and I didn't want to wreck the other taking it out so will have to order a new one.

Otherwise no hiccups, all went pretty smoothly. Thanks to @tooter for the jack stand idea.

Switched to a double ended Moriwaki Racing swingarm pivot bolt. Way simpler than having to line up all the pieces if ever have to switch out rearset components etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Swapped in a 14T front sprocket for lower off-road gearing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just wanted to let you know the JTF252 is the wrong sprocket for a Grom. I see them advertised for a grom all the time but JT sprockets list a JTF249 as the correct part number. I think there is only 1 dimension different between the two parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
252 is dual drilled. (Edit, and lighter too as a result ;) )

Which dimension are you referring to? They're both for 420 chains.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The hole in the center is 1mm smaller on the JTF249, outside of the splines is the same, so you are not getting as much engagement with the JTF252 sprocket. I'm certain it will work, I'm sure many people run them. I just wanted to let you know it wasn't the correct sprocket. I nearly bought that one myself simply because it was listed to fit a Grom. Luckily I stumbled upon a thread where someone pointed out it was the wrong part number. I didn't want someone else purchasing the wrong part because they copied the part number in your picture. Sorry if I upset you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Not upset, just didn't notice the difference but it's clear now. Thanks for highlighting that. I'll look to order a 249.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I just wanted to let you know the JTF252 is the wrong sprocket for a Grom. I see them advertised for a grom all the time but JT sprockets list a JTF249 as the correct part number. I think there is only 1 dimension different between the two parts.
JTF249 ordered. Honda dealer will let me return the JTF252 - acknowledged they sold me the wrong part. Appreciate you looking out @Ninelives17

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Sprocket take two.

Was able to return the first one and get the correct one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is the Kepspeed swingarm worth it?

With the exchange rates today it costs US $156 and $45 shipping to the USA.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Yes, it's worth it.

However, the price fluctuates with exchange rate. Watch it for a while if you're not in a rush as it should drop back down to about US$115 before shipping.

·
Registered
883 Posts

I happened to catch a favorable exchange rate and got it for $110 +$27 for shipping to California. It starts looking better at any price when you total up the cost of chain adjusters and brass rear swing arm bushings. ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I scored on that one, eBay for C$14 shipped. Same seller is now listing at C$38...

Very simple to re&re. I wanted a flat one to allow shifter arm to clear with the GP shift setup.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts