Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
New sprocket cover. I need the clearance for the shifter arm to do GP shift conversion.

Not the prettiest but I couldn't justify the cost of the Driven piece - they are much nicer looking though for sure.

I removed the extra teeth to try and keep it cleaner looking...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Left side finished...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And right side. Looking forward to the commute tomorrow

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi CND,

See if you notice any extra chain noise with the cover fitted, I put one on and when decelerating on mine you can hear the chain on the sprocket sounding like it's dry even though it's properly lubricated. I'm interested to see if yours sounds the same.

Regards Davey.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi CND,

See if you notice any extra chain noise with the cover fitted, I put one on and when decelerating on mine you can hear the chain on the sprocket sounding like it's dry even though it's properly lubricated. I'm interested to see if yours sounds the same.

Regards Davey.
Hey Davey,

No, no difference. Maybe you need a louder exhaust?

Joke aside, is that the only thing you changed when you noticed the new noise? The OE cover is fully enclosed and would suppress more noise. Also, check the new spacers for any signs of the chain hitting. Sounds to me like your chain could be on loose side and it's climbing up on the sprocket on deceleration and hitting the spacers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Better pic of right side.

I need to adjust shift linkage. Was late last night and the pedal is too high. I will probably move arm forward one notch on splines too. The shorter arm makes neutral harder to find. Hoping revised geometry will improve that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cheers for the reply, yea i'll turn the radio up a bit louder from now on ;) or buy another man in the box pipe.
Check the chain slack though, and whether chain is hitting the spacers? Just to eliminate those possible causes...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got another set of 'Rizoma' axle sliders off AliExpress, this time for the front. The C$15 price can't be beat.

Not sure if there's a special wrench for the outer cups. I'm just hand tightening them. Bit worried they could come loose and fall off. I might just put some loctite on them...

Main event tonight was the new chain. RK Black Scale 420 U-ring chain.

I'll let my wife cruise around a bit with it as is but then I'll clean off the packing grease and switch to a wax based lube.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The front axle sliders.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Chain, sprocket alignment tool. Clamps to sprocket and shows if the chain is straight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Woodcraft brake return spring. Had hoped to get locally but found good deal (free shipping) at Tactical Mindz

New shifter arm. $40 and steel instead of $70 billet piece from Sato Racing. Needed longer arm to make it easier to find neutral.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Swingarm arrived.

Going to be awhile before I get it installed though, maybe in January.

I also ordered double nutted swingarm pivot bolt from webike Japan, not here yet though.

I'll plan to do the Core Moto braided brake lines, HRC reservoir kit and swingarm all in one go I expect.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Wanted to give a shout out to @MNNTHBX . Ordered a pair of the Shinko Mobber tires Weds, they arrived Friday. 504/505 Mobber Tire

Interestingly, these are not available in Canada. The Canadian distributor for Shinko tires does not carry them so I had to import them from the US...

Can't wait to get them on the bike. Dropped off the spare wheels and the tires at the shop this afternoon to get them mounted.

[/URL]

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Good work partner.

What the reason for swapping the OG rectifier with the SF item?
Cleaner DC power from the SF unit. OG is AC otherwise.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts