Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Damn. Looks real good. I like that you have the real carbon can to compare it to as well. Looks real good. Wonder how white panels would look with this on it. Like a white outline to the carbon. Might be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you... I think the CF would look great on the White panels you would have a real neat contrast that would really feature the CF effect.
Hopefully in time we will get some photos from someone who has a White bike with this kit applied.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At this time we only stock the Black but if you can find the film online you could send us it and we can produce the kit for you out of it.
If you are interested let me know and I can give you the details on what size sheet you need.

Hope this helps..

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
At this time we only stock the Black but if you can find the film online you could send us it and we can produce the kit for you out of it.
If you are interested let me know and I can give you the details on what size sheet you need.

Hope this helps..

Pete
Ok what size sheet?

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I wanted to put my opinions of my experience up on the boardfor those that want to do the CF wrap on their Grom.
First off let me say that this opinion is not meant to be abad reflection on Pete or Power Sports Wraps. Pete is a great guy to talk with and to deal with and I highly recommend him and his company if you plan to wrap your Grom.

A couple of weeks ago I contacted Pete and asked if they had the CF wrap in red. Unfortunately they did not so Pete helped me out in finding some on line that I purchased and had sent to Pete so they would cut it for me. Pete got the sheet of wrap, had it cut, and sent out to me the same day which I thought was a little surprising to say the least. I got it a couple of days later. It took me a week or so to get around to washing my bike and prepping it for the wrap. I started on the first panel and immediately started having trouble with it. Now I will chalk this up as to not being the vinyl wrap that Pete usually uses, as I said before I had to purchase the wrap from a third party and have it sent to Pete. Even with using heat to help stretch it out it had a hard time going on correctly. Another thing is that the red CF does notlook good on the red paint, or least I didn’t think so for two reasons. First, the wrap that I got was just a little transparent so when I put it on there was a different shade of red from the red panels and the black pieces around the seat and swing arm, so that was big no no for me. Pete did warn me about the possibility of this but I did not think that the difference was going to be as big as it was. Secondly, the wrap takes away from the red paint that Honda uses.
So what I ended up with was keeping the wrap on the black parts around the seat and swing arm and leaving the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts