Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can bypass using it but id like to use the kit to keep the tps sensor active if I go this way

anybody installed one of the yosh kits?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
find anyplace cheaper than 300 bucks? its a bit pricey especially if i go that route. (would use a pwk and my own adapter for carb though)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Unfortunately no. You only need the tps portion of it. You can try to get the pieces from Yoshimura USA. I'll try to look up the part numbers for you. It may be cheaper that way.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Unfortunately no. You only need the tps portion of it. You can try to get the pieces from Yoshimura USA. I'll try to look up the part numbers for you. It may be cheaper that way.
sorry to bump an old thread, but were you able to find the part numbers for the TPS portion of the carb kit, GSX?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I feel like this has came up before.

You could get an arduino and put speeduino on it. http://speeduino.com/
Very cheap ECU, with nearly limitless customization... Except, you need at least a little bit of computer/technical skills. And when i say a little, i mean more than the average person, probably.

Hmm... now that im back at stock... maybe... this would be something id look into.

Actually, it was brought up before, but not this project. one similar, but if i recall correctly, it was just for carbed and basically was just ignition timing.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, im not liking that solution wit the box on the trees looks really cheey... if I get around to it i'll run a cable splitter and make my own under the bodywork for the TPS. the pcv will tell me how much its trying to adjust which will be a good tuning aid at throttle positions. I DO appreciate the info thoug.

·
Registered
508 Posts
yeah, im not liking that solution wit the box on the trees looks really cheey... if I get around to it i'll run a cable splitter and make my own under the bodywork for the TPS. the pcv will tell me how much its trying to adjust which will be a good tuning aid at throttle positions. I DO appreciate the info thoug.
I agree.. it's a COMPLETE eyesore. I was thinking maybe running a longer throttle cable so that I could mount the "TPS assembly" on the frame somewhere, but I wouldn't be caught dead putting it on the risers like that.

I'm sure it works fine without the TPS as I understand the ECU pulls a small amount of timing at idle to keep the fuel from loading up, but I'd really like to keep the function of the TPS. Certainly doesn't hurt to run carbs with "locked out" timing, but it definitely would help rideability to keep TPS functioning.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MY plan is to use the oldstock TB hidden under the bodywork. I'll never use it so why not? hm. gopt me thinking. I also want it completely reversible so a bolt-on adapter for the carb should beprety easy to mae

·
Registered
291 Posts
MY plan is to use the oldstock TB hidden under the bodywork. I'll never use it so why not? hm. gopt me thinking. I also want it completely reversible so a bolt-on adapter for the carb should beprety easy to mae
How would this work? Would you run a throttle cable to both the TB and the carb? The stock TPS would be in the tB, correct? So you would still need to open and close both together.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd really like to get the stock TPS off the TB and see how it functions... maybe we could find a clever way to retrofit ;)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How would this work? Would you run a throttle cable to both the TB and the carb? The stock TPS would be in the tB, correct? So you would still need to open and close both together.
yup. 1 to 2 cable splitters are very common.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts