Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to lower the rear end of my 2017 grom by 2.5 and also have a stretch kit coming as well. Can i get away without lowering the front or is it not possible?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
FYI, all my friends who lowered their groms later on put their groms back to stock, they had problems cornering on fast swipers when riding country roads.

When the did the big bore kits for higher speed the grom became unstable, I assume due to the tracking.

As far as the front, back in the old days 2014 time frame, a few of the guys where loosening the pinch bolt for the front tubes and lowering the tubes a little.

Good luck on your choice, the groms do look cool lowered but handle like shit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I will try that. I just need a little bit in the front i just dont want to have to buy new handle bars and lowering kit and all

·
Registered
100 Posts
FYI, all my friends who lowered their groms later on put their groms back to stock, they had problems cornering on fast swipers when riding country roads.

When the did the big bore kits for higher speed the grom became unstable, I assume due to the tracking.

As far as the front, back in the old days 2014 time frame, a few of the guys where loosening the pinch bolt for the front tubes and lowering the tubes a little.

Good luck on your choice, the groms do look cool lowered but handle like shit.
What do you consider higher speed? My grom is lowered and stretched, as well as a bbk and is rock steady even at the top speed of 83 I've seen it at so far. I agree with the turning issues, however if your not planning on laying a knee or taking turns at twice the recommended speeds, I've had no issues at all with the turning aspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts