Honda Grom banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bit the bullet and bought a harbor freight motorcycle chock. It is meant for motorcycle tire size 15 to about 22. I will have to drill new holes in the adjustment area to make the Grom fit right. In my area Groms are hard to come by, so I have no physical encounter with one yet. Would one of you be kind enough to give me a measurement from halfway up on the very front part of the front tire what the distance is to the back of the back tire??? I am either getting a late 22 or an early 23. I believe it's going to be a 23, so I don't know if a second-generation distance is different or not. Please clue me in! STOCK TIRES!!! This is going to be mounted on a trailer for when I pick it up brand new to take it home for the first time so I really need to get the measurement right

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Tread

I hope this is what you need. I tried to get the angle right on the tape measure. I got 66.5” with the handlebars straight and a 1.5” thick piece of wood under the side stand so it’s almost level. 2022’ Honda Grom SP (North America JC92/RR)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 92464
View attachment 92465
I hope this is what you need. I tried to get the angle right on the tape measure. I got 66.5” with the handlebars straight and a 1.5” thick piece of wood under the side stand so it’s almost level. 2022’ Honda Grom SP (North America JC92/RR)
View attachment 92464
View attachment 92465
Thank you much I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and I am getting the SP model so mine's going to look exactly like yours. How long have you had yours? I hope you're enjoying it to the hilt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here’s what the Service Manual reads: View attachment 92466
Thank you for the service manual reference. I am going to do the rear fender delete and that will make the bike quite a bit shorter but for my purposes I just needed Tire to tire but thank you for the reference. A service manual would be very handy indeed. To both of you that have responded so far are you doing your own valve adjustments?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have not done any valve adjustments as of yet. I have ordered the kitaco 5-row oil cooler from @HardRacing racing but it is currently on back order (even though their website still indicates they have this product in stock). The oil cooler is designed to pick up and deliver oil from the tappet valve cover on the intake side. Since I will be in that area of the bike I will probably check/adjust valves when/if I get that part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts