Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kitaco 164 on the way. Running ejk tuner. Debating on using the cam that comes with it. Seens peopke have prob tuning with cam. Also ppl have saud idle sucks after cam i might just leave stock cam in it

·
Registered
619 Posts
yea with ejk i could not get my bike tuned with the cam (ejk is only good for exhaust and intake only )....so i sold it and got pcv, solved all my ejk tuning problems... I hope you have good luck tuning the big bore with ejk,,, most likely you will have to get another tuner...

braap

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill probably just butt dyno it. Back to my point would it be easier to tune without cam just piston cylinder?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ejk told me the bigbore shhouldnt affect tuning much. Im thinking of just doing piston and cyl keeping stock cam and injector

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just a warning, make sure you have some sort of a/f gauge when you start tuning. otherwise you risking/guaranteed engine damage...... and when the ejk dont work out you can always sell it....

Braap.

·
Registered
293 Posts
1202, did you have yours reflashed by them for more fuel? I saw someone else mention they were able to do that, and looked into it. Sure enough, they just don't give you as much adjustment room as they can. I might give that a try if I can't find a PC cheap enough.

I think it was a really strange decision they made to allow you to pull more fuel than they allow you to add out of the box, since 99% of customers are buying it to add fuel, then not bother to mention "By the way this thing can be reflashed for higher flowing applications".

·
Registered
619 Posts
I never got it reflashed , i just gave up on ejk since the a/fs were never consistent ( i know its load based tuning) ..... i wanted more precise method for tuning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts