Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took apart my Finbro head to do some cleaning and I noticed something odd. The big cam bearing race looks like pieces came off of it. I’m not 100% sure if it’s supposed to be like that or not. If y’all can help a brother out with your opinions, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Greetings. It doesn’t look right to me, but my knowledge regarding such matters is limited.

There have been — in the past — a number of thread discussions regarding the quality of Finbro products. Here is one which goes into considerable detail, although it should also be noted that a number of individuals have used Finbro products with good success:

https://www.hondagrom.net/forums/7-grom-talk/35866-finbro-superhead-quality-meh.html

Hopefully some of the more experienced members will chime in.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
What Finbro kit is that off, 183-2v, 235-2v, 204-4v, etc???

Don't look right to me.

When I was running the Finbro 183-2v, their weak point on their kits was the cylinder skirt that went in the crank case, it was weak and broke on me.

It doesn't matter what vendor or manufacturer, shit happens. I've seen so pose good companies hardware fail. It's the luck of the draw, the care taken into assembling your BBK kit and making sure all your nuts/bolts are torqued down to spec.

·
Registered
488 Posts
There's nothing to worry about and its completely normal. I did a cam swap a couple months back and I notice the same thing on my stock head.It looked was much worse than yours. As long as the cam bearing sits inside the groove with no play you're good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts