Honda Grom banner

201 - 220 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Mansfield / Arlington area.. Bought my 15' from my buddy Elliot at D&S off S. Cooper St.
HMU if anyone in the area wants to ride!!

I live in Mansfield off Broad St. & 360 Area

Bryan

·
Registered
353 Posts
Once I get my BBK in a few weeks I'd be willing to make that trip just to ride with some fellow Grom riders. It's about an hour and 20 min trip for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Names Mike, In Kyle Texas (halfway between NB and Austin pretty much)
Would like to see some central Texas rides happen.

Bought a 2015 White Grom at the beginning of June, @2400 miles atm looking to rack up some more!
Currently setting up my Grom for some long distance trips, padre (on power pures will be fun) big bend and even local central Texas parks.

Long time Lurker just finally getting around to posting while work is slow.

grompacebend.jpg gromatoms.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi group ! I live in Boerne Tx and in January I bought a 2015 Yellow Grom that came with a Two Brothers exhaust and 332 miles . I have added the HardRacing right side cover w/sight oil glass & larger oil pump. I also added a Slipstreamer Universal Windshield (CF30) to use only in the coldest rides. It turned out that it was too short so I ordered a CF 40 and it is just right.

Last week I ordered a 3 row oil cooler and K&N air filter intake kit from HardRacing and was going to install them today but have put the project on hold. I can't seem to get a solid answer from HardRacing or 3 of the Sport Bike shops I have visited in San Antonio. One says it will be OK with the mods, one says I need to add a Power Commander and the other says bring it in and they will set it up (whatever that means). I am capable of installing the Power Commander but setting it, programming it or whatever you do to it is not something I can do. Being an old 78 year old guy and not computer savvy I think I will just wait until I ride with some younger guys from the forum who have a lot of mods and let them advise me. I do not want to do any other performance mods other than what I have listed.

I have given up the big bikes (Goldwings, etc) due to the weight but just can't quit completely. In my stable are a '53 Cushman, 2001 Helix w/1100 miles, '84 Gyro, '85 Gyro,'86 Gyro, '82 Urban Express, '81 Trail 70, 2 Auto Moto Canopy Scooters, a Trail 70 clone 125cc, a Trail 50 clone 110cc w/sidecar, a Chinese reverse trike, and of course my favorite, de grommy.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Come up to Austin YG. We ride regularly. Tomorrow (Today) even. Facebook "Austin Area Ruckus and Grom Riders", theres a few other groups we mix with like today (Sun) but are all good guys.

If it was me, I'd forget the Power Commander, Maps, Laptops, etc... get you a FinBro ECM and the required Injector. All you need for any mods you'll ever do from stock all the way up to a BBK. I got mine from FinBro Garage. Gave my buddy the one I ordered for my second bike, even helped him install it. Said it worked miles better than the Bazazz that was in there. He did a BBK (last?) tonight and good thing , didn't have to change a thing computer wise, it'll learn after a few rides. I'll have to reorder from my second Grom after the 4V BBK I just ordered from FinBro Garage gets sorted and I start concentrating on the other one.. Franco over there even includes the 1 wire needed for the ECM connector with the proper connector on it so installation is even easier. Or bring it to me, I've done 2 in the last 4 months, 3's right around the corner.

I'm also going 5 row oil cooler on my 125 (already have it) and bigger than that on the BBK. Texas 100+ Heat is a Killer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sup groms
My name is Rick and I'm in Lewisville. I own a black '14 grom with just intake and exhaust done. I am getting some cool tires tomorrow. It would be cool to hang out with other groms here in DFW...

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
Hi group ! I live in Boerne Tx and in January I bought a 2015 Yellow Grom that came with a Two Brothers exhaust and 332 miles . I have added the HardRacing right side cover w/sight oil glass & larger oil pump. I also added a Slipstreamer Universal Windshield (CF30) to use only in the coldest rides. It turned out that it was too short so I ordered a CF 40 and it is just right.

Last week I ordered a 3 row oil cooler and K&N air filter intake kit from HardRacing and was going to install them today but have put the project on hold. I can't seem to get a solid answer from HardRacing or 3 of the Sport Bike shops I have visited in San Antonio. One says it will be OK with the mods, one says I need to add a Power Commander and the other says bring it in and they will set it up (whatever that means). I am capable of installing the Power Commander but setting it, programming it or whatever you do to it is not something I can do. Being an old 78 year old guy and not computer savvy I think I will just wait until I ride with some younger guys from the forum who have a lot of mods and let them advise me. I do not want to do any other performance mods other than what I have listed.

I have given up the big bikes (Goldwings, etc) due to the weight but just can't quit completely. In my stable are a '53 Cushman, 2001 Helix w/1100 miles, '84 Gyro, '85 Gyro,'86 Gyro, '82 Urban Express, '81 Trail 70, 2 Auto Moto Canopy Scooters, a Trail 70 clone 125cc, a Trail 50 clone 110cc w/sidecar, a Chinese reverse trike, and of course my favorite, de grommy.

You will definitely be fine running it without a fuel controller, if you choose to go that route.

That is a SOLID YES reply. ;-)

That being said......... most riders to wind up getting a fuel controller of some form eventually, so the bike runs more efficiently and usually at a lower A/F ratio.. which keeps the motor running cooler.

But..... as stated above....... Yes, you can run it without a fuel controller. Many guys do that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a heads up to Texas GROM riders, these awesome lil bikes get raced here in Texas too, and the first CMRA GROM race is coming up 8am February 20 at MSR Houston just south of Houston off of 288. The first Mini Road Racing race of the season with Texasminigp.com is coming March 12 west of Katy at Gulf Coast Karters complex off of FM 2855. Last minis race of the season in 2015 had 11 GROMs on the Sprints grid. See yall out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey bud I searched the facebook group. I've got 5000 miles under my belt here in ATX and have yet to find a group to ride with. Used my womans facebook to join hopefully that's cool and we can get to some riding soon.

201 - 220 of 244 Posts