Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching on Facebook market and found a grom with a big bore 180 kit on it. Is buying a used big bore grom a bad idea? I love the stock from as it's the bike I rode in msf but i want one with this kind of kit on it. I also have a ninja 650 so it's not my first or only bike. Cheers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
you don't know the condition of the engine... but for me, if it runs good and shifts through all the gears, I'll take it. Especially for that price. But try negotiating a bit. For $2600 it wouldn't be that bad!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you don't know the condition of the engine... but for me, if it runs good and shifts through all the gears, I'll take it. Especially for that price. But try negotiating a bit. For $2600 it wouldn't be that bad!
Thanks for the input man! maybe I'll see if I can test ride it before I buy

·
Registered
67 Posts
:cool:Yes , absolutly take for a test ride to check out engine, when hot listen to how it idles, when stopped give it a rev and check for smoke, Why was the big bore done? They are a different type of ridding experiance ,slower speeds= more exploring roads you normally blast down,I went down from a Fjr1300 (cause wife does not ride anymore) To a 2020 blue Grom and am having fun ridding with son that got one also, I have a 18 690 Duke if I have to get on the highway,TheGrom is a blast and great MPG...(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cool:Yes , absolutly take for a test ride to check out engine, when hot listen to how it idles, when stopped give it a rev and check for smoke, Why was the big bore done? They are a different type of ridding experiance ,slower speeds= more exploring roads you normally blast down,I went down from a Fjr1300 (cause wife does not ride anymore) To a 2020 blue Grom and am having fun ridding with son that got one also, I have a 18 690 Duke if I have to get on the highway,TheGrom is a blast and great MPG...(y)
Thanks for the input man! I'll have to ask the seller and yeah I'm going to check all of that maybe bring my buddy for an extra set of eyes to see anything I don't.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts