Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 Grom and I'm finally starting to modify it after owning it for over a year (Aug 18). I've owned a fairly modified Ruckus and I also currently own a 2006 F4i. I saw a thousand MSX125's while I was overseas last year and decided to get a Grom when I got back. It's been a blast. I use it a lot for commuting and going on group rides, but I have also been taking it to my local kart track too to improve my control and confidence. After my 4th time there recently, I finally decided I wanted to invest a bit of money into making it a streetable-track oriented bike. Without cheaping out too badly, I've tried my best to get decent parts.

When I bought it, it had:

-Wide handlebar
-LED rear light and turn signals w/fender eliminator
-Chimera intake
-2bros high mount exhaust
-EJK tuner
-Kitaco clutch cover/spinner delete
-Aftermarket levers
-Bride seat
-YSS rear shock
-Fork spacers (honestly still not too sure what's inside)
-DCR cam

Over the last year, I added:

-SpeedoDrD
-TB cam (went to install it and found there was already a DCR cam installed, so I installed the TB and sold the DCR for profit)
-Retuned the EJK
-Oil change with T6 and the appropriate Honda filter
-eBay pegs as I snapped one lowsiding it at the track
-49rr stickers to park on sidewalks (still got tickets)...

Recently, I ordered and have been working on installing:

-Kenda Kwick KD-1 120/100
-TRS clip ons
-Galfer front SS brake line
-Galfer front pads
-Rearsets (eBay stuff...really wanted to keep passenger pegs)
-Bar end mirrors
-Frame sliders
-New turn signals, mine have been falling off for awhile now

Here's some photos of it to get started and I'll my best to keep this thread current! Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Take off the EJK tuner and get your ECU flashed by Cameron Jones Racing. it will be MUCH better than the piggyback tuner. I would also probably look into getting a fork cartridge kit like the Ohlins or Racing Bros. The MNNTHBX bronze swingarm bushings are also a very good track oriented mod. Whatever rearsets you decide on, make sure they move the footpegs a good amount up and back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take off the EJK tuner and get your ECU flashed by Cameron Jones Racing. it will be MUCH better than the piggyback tuner. I would also probably look into getting a fork cartridge kit like the Ohlins or Racing Bros. The MNNTHBX bronze swingarm bushings are also a very good track oriented mod. Whatever rearsets you decide on, make sure they move the footpegs a good amount up and back.
An ECU changeup is something that's been on my radar, but I can't justify it quite yet. A "one size fits most" flash might not be up my alley simply because I live at such a high altitude (EJK's recommended settings for my mods needed some tweaking) and I have somewhat 1-off modifications.

I live really close to MO Power Performance and he's turned out to be an incredible resource for me. I installed his ported throttle body and took his recommendation to switch to an NGK 8 range plug. I may spring for his recommendation of a high compression piston, oil cooler, ported head and standalone ECU to finish off my power mods. My goal is only to sustain 65-70 on the highway for commuting, no need for a 100 mph Grom here.

I'll likely have him install the MNNTHBX bushings eventually too. He has the tool.

My Grom is just about finished from the modifications listed in post 1 but I ran into a couple hiccups getting my rear brake situated. I need to install a Woodcraft return spring and a Goodridge hydraulic brake light switch and I should be set for the track this weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahaha that's funny right there... but she's lookin nice!
I'm not sure why this seems so difficult, honestly maybe it's the altitude up here or something, but this goal is pretty run of the mill from MO Power. At this point, his higher HP builds (upper 30's) are having issues safely hitting the speeds that the engine can reach. All aluminum frame! Crazy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts