Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Less resistance than stock bushings. With the bronze bushings, your shock will be able to work properly and wont bind like stock.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Instead of spending money on swing arm bushings, I got a Kepspeed aluminum swing arm. :)

It's 4 POUNDS lighter, pivots on precision needle bearings, and comes with accurate built in easy to use chain adjusters.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I too have (two of) the Kepspeed swingarm. The shock is noticeably different (although still crap). I the chain adjusters are very nice. An aftermarket shock in now on the list. And yes, the Kepspeed is quite a bit lighter than the stock swingarm.

·
Vendor
1,865 Posts
What is the benefit of installing the bronze swing arm bushings?
The benefit is they work. The stock units aren’t bushing are all. They’re vulcanized sleeves. With the bike on a stand, you can literally take the shock off, and the stickers will hold the swingarm in place. The bushing kit honestly makes more impact on a Grom than a shock (not counting rider weight requirements).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Overpriced? Have you checked the cost of bearing bronze....?
Yes, it's quite a bit more than Aluminum but for some reason the toolkit costs as much as your bearings. That said - you're the only one that sells it, so you set the price. I already said it was worth it; I'm not trying to start an argument.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The bushing kit honestly makes more impact on a Grom than a shock (not counting rider weight requirements).
I want to do either the bronze bushings or the Kepspeed swingarm someday. I can appreciate how much difference it will make.

Is it worth all of the extra money for an Ohlins shock? Would a cheaper shock like a Takegawa be any better than the stock shock?

I guess I’m just wondering if all of the adjustability on an Ohlins shock really matters on these little bikes?

The stock shock isn’t much to look at, but I’m not sure if it makes sense to spend a fortune on suspension for a bike with 12inch wheels.

Then again, you don’t modify a Grom because it makes financial sense!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts