Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see quite a few bronze wheels in photos, were these factory option in other parts of the world?

bronze wheel.jpeg

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Asia and Europe got the Gold rims 2013-14-15 time frame, USA got Black

You can buy them here and it comes with bearings also but no matching rear cushion sprocket unit with gold to match you have to paint your stock one
Tyga
front
Wheel, Sub Assy. Fr. Gold, MSX125 Grom | TYGA-Performance

Rear
Wheel, Sub Assy. Rr. Gold, MSX125 Grom | TYGA-Performance

I bought these from Tyga back in 2013 before I received my grom and it was cheaper even with shipping than trying to find one in the USA or buying a OEM stock rim from a USA Honda dealer.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Asia and Europe got the Gold rims 2013-14-15 time frame, USA got Black

You can buy them here and it comes with bearings also but no matching rear cushion sprocket unit with gold to match you have to paint your stock one
Tyga
front
Wheel, Sub Assy. Fr. Gold, MSX125 Grom | TYGA-Performance

Rear
Wheel, Sub Assy. Rr. Gold, MSX125 Grom | TYGA-Performance

I bought these from Tyga back in 2013 before I received my grom and it was cheaper even with shipping than trying to find one in the USA or buying a OEM stock rim from a USA Honda dealer.
Any idea where we can get black Enkei wheels?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @ CiscoSanJose

I wanted some color wheel options to go with the gold forks. Then I'll repaint/experiment with the black take offs some time later.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Any idea where we can get black Enkei wheels?
The black Enkei wheels were the OEM ones for 2014-2015 USA model. If you buy the OEM part, that's what you'll get. They cost a lot more than the 2016+.... are a bit lighter, perhaps stronger, but otherwise interchangeable with the newer ones.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The black Enkei wheels were the OEM ones for 2014-2015 USA model. If you buy the OEM part, that's what you'll get. They cost a lot more than the 2016+.... are a bit lighter, perhaps stronger, but otherwise interchangeable with the newer ones.
Even a little bit of weight reduction in wheels can add up to a big time performance boost in acceleration and handling because it's rotational mass. A thread elsewhere on this site claims you can reduce rotational mass by 2 pounds if you switch from the Honda wheels to the wheels made by Enkei. That's a decent amount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts