Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a hell of a time trying to figure out what break pads I need for a 2019 Grom. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Those are correct. I just put the FA629HH and FA375HH on my 2018 and 2019 Groms a week ago. Amazon also has them (credit card got hacked with Drow, so I don't shop there now).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Those are correct. I just put the FA629HH and FA375HH on my 2018 and 2019 Groms a week ago. Amazon also has them (credit card got hacked with Drow, so I don't shop there now).

How do you know your credit card was specifically hacked at Drow?

·
Registered
115 Posts
How do you know your credit card was specifically hacked at Drow?
Created a new virtual credit card (protected by 2FA), used it at Drow online, locked the card after that one use. Over the next few weeks, dozens of online purchases for thousands of dollars of dell computers and other random things tried to hit that card from known hacking descriptions. The card was never unlocked or used anyplace but at Drow. Virtual card financial institution confirmed no breach at their facility. Since this is a randomly generated virtual card created only for use at Drow and locked right after the purchase, there is little doubt that their shopping cart or merchant account was breached. FTC notification form filled out.

Lending to my conclusion is 25+ years of experience in IT and working with a security detachment for a fortune 500 company. I hope Drow takes it seriously and does more than just patch their servers (which they said they did after I reported it).

-S1930

·
Registered
125 Posts
Interesting. My credit card was also hacked after I started buying aftermarket grom parts, but I purchased online from many many different vendors, so I am not sure where the fault lay.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a different virtual card for every vendor, so I know exactly where issues popup. You might check out Privacy.com and see if it fits your needs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you use sintered pads on stock rotors?? Always thought those would tear oem rotors to bits. I always stay with organic if not changing my rotors

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can you use sintered pads on stock rotors?? Always thought those would tear oem rotors to bits. I always stay with organic if not changing my rotors

More friction means more wear to be sure. Always a trade off. Rotors will wear faster, but they will not be trashed.

Same with tires. Compounds with better grip wear faster.

Always a trade off. Longevity vs performance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stock rotors are fine with sintered pads. More wear, but nothing crazy as the Grom does not weigh that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts