Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not that anyone cares, but to avoid any possible confusion, I just wanted to let everyone know that I changed my username.

I am no longer “BrawndoGrom”. My new username is “Upgrayedd”.

I wasn’t in love with my username, so I appealed to the Supreme Ruler of the Honda Gromiverse, to change my name. I never planned to use this forum very much when I first signed up, but I ended up liking the place and now use the forum quite a bit.

I couldn’t think of a good username, so I decided on BrawndoGrom. I had likely been drinking at the time. Upgrayedd, like Brawndo, are from my favorite movie Idiocracy. I feel like Upgrayedd is more appropriate for a bike that we seem to continually “Upgrade”. Like non-stop actually.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey, I’m determined to make it onto the dubSolo “Preferred Friends List”...lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean, I’m sure we’ll think of something.....in 3,2,1...

Ninelives17 where are you?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking we could have a meaningful discussion of how the low cost Honda Grom, has empowered a new generation of strong women, to break down barriers of toxic masculinity, in a largely male dominated hobby, allowing them to take to the open roads and experience the thrill of riding motorcycles.

That’s a subject that is probably grossly underrepresented, not only on this forum, but throughout general society.

Or, we could talk about big bore kits?

I’ll let you guys decide. I am super open minded. I’m always up for a good conversation. The discussion doesn’t always have to be about modifications and horsepower. We can venture into deeper subjects.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I mean, I’m sure we’ll think of something.....in 3,2,1...

Ninelives17 where are you?
Sorry, got lost thinking about Idiocracy. If you haven't seen the movie, the opening sequence is on youtube and perfectly reflects what is currently happening in our society. I recognized your Signature from the movie.

Choo choo!!!
What does everyone use to wash their bike? I have been using Armorall car wash wipes for touchups and to remove all the bug guts. Just wondering what everyone else uses.........
Choo choo!

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Sorry, got lost thinking about Idiocracy. If you haven't seen the movie, the opening sequence is on youtube and perfectly reflects what is currently happening in our society. I recognized your Signature from the movie.

Choo choo!!!
What does everyone use to wash their bike? I have been using Armorall car wash wipes for touchups and to remove all the bug guts. Just wondering what everyone else uses.........
Choo choo!
Great topic. I have been using my helmet shield cleaner but really should find a dedicated product so Im not using up my shield cleaner. Armorall car wash wipes sounds good though. What about everyone else?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Cleaning chemicals it is.

All of the glossy red body panels, including the front fender, I use Meguiars Carnuba Wax. Touch ups on those same panels, I use Meguiars Quik Detailer. Bugs don’t stick as well to a surface that is waxed regularly.

I also use the same wax on the stator cover, clutch cover, parts of the case, head, and swingarm. The Kitaco clutch cover looks nice all waxed up.

Quik Detailer is also used on the matte finish plastics, controls, forks, shock, and misc. metal parts.

The wheels and brakes, I’ve occasionally washed with car wash soap and a sponge, then rinsed with water. Most of the time, I use Simple Green on a microfiber cloth, and just wipe the wheels and calipers off.

The engine, I sometimes break out the Q-Tips and even use compressed air, to blow dust out of the cooling fins and other tight spots. I use Simple Green as a cleaner on the engine when needed.

I told you I had severe OCD. I don’t ride this bike in the rain, so it never gets very dirty. I’m not afraid of riding in the rain, done it many times on barely street legal enduro bikes, but I like to keep the Grom looking polished up.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Nice! I’ll give that a try 👍

I got caught in the rain one time on the grom. It was hilarious as it was my GF’s first time riding in the rain and she quickly realized that shit hurts at 55+mph 😄 Like you I avoid rain at al cost but that’s not a hard task living in the desert.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, rain hurts at high speed. Been caught in some nasty afternoon thunderstorms riding dirt bikes in the mountains. Thunderstorms on the lake, while going like 50+mph in a boat is pretty miserable too. I was afraid of getting struck by lightning in both cases.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Never ride with me, apparently I am a rain magnet. It rained on me riding home from the dealership, and has many many times since. @Hairless and I ride EVERY week, and have since we bought the bikes last August. That is why I have over 8300 miles on my 2020. When you ride that often you get wet pretty often too. Lol

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never ride with me, apparently I am a rain magnet. It rained on me riding home from the dealership, and has many many times since. @Hairless and I ride EVERY week, and have since we bought the bikes last August. That is why I have over 8300 miles on my 2020. When you ride that often you get wet pretty often too. Lol
You are definitely getting your money’s worth out of that bike. Yeah, when you spend that much time on your bike, you are bound to get wet.

I like riding my friend’s bikes in the rain...lol. I have more fun because I don’t worry about getting the bike dirty, like I would if it was mine. I just enjoy it. He and I have had this conversation. Zero anxiety. It’s complicated. Mentally exhausting. Having radar on your phone is great for dodging rain storms.😬

Dirt: The silent killer...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was thinking we could have a meaningful discussion of how the low cost Honda Grom, has empowered a new generation of strong women, to break down barriers of toxic masculinity, in a largely male dominated hobby, allowing them to take to the open roads and experience the thrill of riding motorcycles.

That’s a subject that is probably grossly underrepresented, not only on this forum, but throughout general society.

Or, we could talk about big bore kits?

I’ll let you guys decide. I am super open minded. I’m always up for a good conversation. The discussion doesn’t always have to be about modifications and horsepower. We can venture into deeper
I was really hoping the discussion would have turned to empowered women with replaced big bore kits.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I was really hoping the discussion would have turned to empowered women with replaced big bore kits.
Oh, we usually talk about that over in the “Performance” sub forum. ;)

We get into a little bit of everything over there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts