Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know what the front stock length is for core moto brake lines? I asked them but they would not tell me.
Need to know so I order the correct length, if their stock length runs long then it should be fine as is otherwise I need to order with some extra length.
If someone that has these could do a quick measure of the front line that would be fantastic.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
what bars do you have? if shorter than stock the OEM will work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what bars do you have? if shorter than stock the OEM will work
I have protaper klx110, so very similar to stock but wider, I also have aftermarket forks which are a tiny bit longer than the stock, can't recall the total length of them, think it was about 715mm

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Stock lines will fit i have another grom with the same bars and core moto lines

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
528 Posts
I have protaper klx110, so very similar to stock but wider, I also have aftermarket forks which are a tiny bit longer than the stock, can't recall the total length of them, think it was about 715mm
Which forks are you using?

You can take a string and measure out what you need for length, take that number or the string itself to a hose shop and they can make a braided line on the spot for you.

This one I had done in the US, cost $23.50 and took less than 10 minutes for the shop to make.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock lines will fit i have another grom with the same bars and core moto lines
Okay, I'm starting to think that their stock may work okay, would be nice to know what the actual length is, I don't know why it's such a big secret to them and why they won't tell me as it's just a measurement not some secret recipe.
It's the extra length of the aftermarket forks that concerns me but if the core moto lines in stock length run longer than oem then it should be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which forks are you using?

You can take a string and measure out what you need for length, take that number or the string itself to a hose shop and they can make a braided line on the spot for you.

This one I had done in the US, cost $23.50 and took less than 10 minutes for the shop to make.

View attachment 89687
I have cheap lines on there at the moment and would like to replace them with something a bit nicer as I am in the process of restyling my grom.
The forks I have on there are Vopo, they are surprisingly good, I used to take my grom off road quite a bit and with the slightly longer fork and kitaco shock it gave me a bit more ground clearance,
I had modded my stock fork before that which was great but these aftermarket ones have been better

This is pretty much what my grom looks like at the moment, but installing a bbk so decided to give her a facelift too.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,263 Posts
Sharp looking Grom.

Reactions: hyjax

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have cheap lines on there at the moment and would like to replace them with something a bit nicer as I am in the process of restyling my grom.
The forks I have on there are Vopo, they are surprisingly good, I used to take my grom off road quite a bit and with the slightly longer fork and kitaco shock it gave me a bit more ground clearance,
I had modded my stock fork before that which was great but these aftermarket ones have been better
View attachment 89696
This is pretty much what my grom looks like at the moment, but installing a bbk so decided to give her a facelift too.
Where di you get that protaper green padding? Are u running klx or similar bars?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where di you get that protaper green padding? Are u running klx or similar bars?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Yes they are the protaper klx110 bars, the pad I bought from mxstore.com, it's an Australian store as that's where I am, the stock pad that came with the bars just didn't go with my colour scheme so had to get something different 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts