Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wired up a red cop light that's triggered by my brake light:

It's small, durable and relatively easy to mount. I used angle aluminum to make a bracket that goes underneath my luggage rack and tapped into the brake light wiring to make it work. It has a lot of different flash patterns but I left it in the standard "double flash" cop mode. Since I don't have a blue light SO FAR I've not had an officer say anything. I've been running it for at least ten years on three different bikes and it's worked great.

I've been hit twice from the rear and after nearly being hit by a truck that ended up blowing through the red light I had to do something and this light was my answer. The next step was to rig up a Claymore with an impact switch and give the errant drivers a face full of ball bearings...

I've noticed that when I see a motorist coming up behind me at what I consider to be an unsafe speed hitting the brakes will definitely get their attention.

Reactions: MakcaddyMonkey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wired up a red cop light that's triggered by my brake light:

It's small, durable and relatively easy to mount. I used angle aluminum to make a bracket that goes underneath my luggage rack and tapped into the brake light wiring to make it work. It has a lot of different flash patterns but I left it in the standard "double flash" cop mode. Since I don't have a blue light SO FAR I've not had an officer say anything. I've been running it for at least ten years on three different bikes and it's worked great.

I've been hit twice from the rear and after nearly being hit by a truck that ended up blowing through the red light I had to do something and this light was my answer. The next step was to rig up a Claymore with an impact switch and give the errant drivers a face full of ball bearings...

I've noticed that when I see a motorist coming up behind me at what I consider to be an unsafe speed hitting the brakes will definitely get their attention.

Very cool! Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts