Honda Grom banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not the best at doing wheelies, and I've been told I made it much hard by putting the bars I have on, but nonetheless, I gave it a shot. You really have to get the rpms up and dump the clutch to get her up. The first time I did a decent wheelie, when I came down, I heard a loud smack! Thought I had ripped off the front fender or something, but nothing looked cracked. I had my buddy pick up the front of the bike and we dropped it a couple times, and sure enough its the forks bottoming that made the sound. Guess I better try to figure out how to set it down softly!

·
Registered
158 Posts
You need to let the gas off slowly when coming down. My guess is you slammed the brake or completely let go of the throttle. Let it off slowly. Depending on weight and how many times you bottom out you could possibly blow your seals.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I might get the front wheel of the ground a couple of inches but really, no wheelies for me. I would probably loop out.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I dont want to mess up the black ones either.

Reactions: MSX125

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I have to admit I have never wheelied successfully. Somebody just told my to cover the rear brake while doing it. Is there any other expert advice I can get from you stunt guys? Being able to wheelie a mini is on my bucket list.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I haven't been trying the wheelies as much but I am rolling 50' stoppies wherever I want. I feel like I need to break in the bike more before sustained wheelies.

The ones I have tried weren't high or long and pulling it up felt super lagging but I'm used to clutch ups from a stop not high rpm's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts