Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked the salesman Ive been dealing with what the bottom line will be on the GROM I put $100 down on.

He said $3807.

I assume that includes $2998 + $400 set up + $125 shipping + $248 NJ sales tax.

Comments? Any strategies to whittle that down a little?

·
Registered
257 Posts
In MD we also have a new title fee, 2 years tags, sometimes an electronic filing fee as well as lein fee if your financing it. Find those out to see how much they are hitting your for on prep.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm.

Is Honda offering any finance deals like 0%?

·
Registered
677 Posts
On something this new? No. They normally do that when sales fall off as an incentive, or around the "slow" time of the year

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Well obviously you could shop around. I have done that in the past, drove all over town to every dealer trying to get the best price. Saved $100 from the highest, $50 from the next lowest. And that was not on a first model year bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i saved two hundred by doing a little shopping around, then telling my local dealer the quoted OTD price of the cheapest NY state honda dealer that gave me a quote. It wasnt my intent but after the salesman gave me some wishy-wash answers on the price details i told him the price i was quote by the other dealer. worked out for me. 3602 OTD is my price. Suffolk County NY.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
i saved two hundred by doing a little shopping around, then telling my local dealer the quoted OTD price of the cheapest NY state honda dealer that gave me a quote. It wasnt my intent but after the salesman gave me some wishy-wash answers on the price details i told him the price i was quote by the other dealer. worked out for me. 3602 OTD is my price. Suffolk County NY.
Congrats! Glad to hear it worked out for the best and ya saved some $$.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have only bought one powersport from a dealer in NJ. It was a honda 400ex. I forget the exact amount I was quoted but I was with my father, he turned to me and said lets just say " I'm going to have to think about it for that price." Which We did, and walked for the door the salesman didnt stop us. I think he was in shock or just figured we were playing around. Well a little less than a week went by and he called us. dropped the price and I rode the piss out of that thing, for a long time. eventually flipped it broke my collar bone and my mother made me sell it. but regardless it was a good tactic to do.

I already talked to my dealer and he wont quote me a price till a couple weeks from now, but I am going to ask him to throw in a jacket and some gloves if he doesnt budge. and worst comes to worst I am going to say " I think I will wait till the winter or next year to buy it." make him think about the sale and moving all those street bikes to their back garage and hope he knocks off some dollars.

·
Registered
530 Posts
When the dealers see how well this thing sells and how many they CAN sell, $3,800 might be the lowest you're gonna get for at least next year thru summer. When my total came to $3,700 I gladly handed 500 in cash to the man and said, cya in August with the rest in cash. Ya gotta play the game sometimes though and the walk out the door technique worked for me with my truck.

If you can wait and wanna gamble on when you'll actually get one you have my best wishes. BUT, if you want one now and want to be on the list for one, it's the sellers market and you're the pawn.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have only bought one powersport from a dealer in NJ. It was a honda 400ex. I forget the exact amount I was quoted but I was with my father, he turned to me and said lets just say " I'm going to have to think about it for that price." Which We did, and walked for the door the salesman didnt stop us. I think he was in shock or just figured we were playing around. Well a little less than a week went by and he called us. dropped the price and I rode the piss out of that thing, for a long time. eventually flipped it broke my collar bone and my mother made me sell it. but regardless it was a good tactic to do.

I already talked to my dealer and he wont quote me a price till a couple weeks from now, but I am going to ask him to throw in a jacket and some gloves if he doesnt budge. and worst comes to worst I am going to say " I think I will wait till the winter or next year to buy it." make him think about the sale and moving all those street bikes to their back garage and hope he knocks off some dollars.
that would work, if this bike wasn't the first release. when dealers know it will sell wether it be you or the next guy. he will with no hesitation let you walk. now if it was a like a 1000rr thats been on the show room for over a couple months and has been in production for 20yrs. and you actually are able to get a used one that is imaculate condition with low miles if you wait long enough. that would work.

when over 80% (guesstimate) of the countries dealers have a deposit list of 2-3 times the amount they will be getting on the first shipment. i can forsee you walking out of alot of dealerships... lol

·
Registered
942 Posts
and even if you wait, there could be a slight chance the price goes up. a lot of people long time riders to new soon to be riders probebly didn't even hear about it yet. and you know once the first guys get their bike they gonna be riding it every where as much as possible. and i'll guarentee at least one person a day maybe more depending on how long u ride it for that day, will come up to u and ask about the bike.

you hearing this honda! free advertising! ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
nonononono.... not "FREE" we are actually paying for these things, so we PAY HONDA to ADVERTISE for them!!! haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dude I don't know about where you guys live but in Jersey anything after September, you are borderline freezing your coconuts off on a bike. So If the price is too hefty why not wait till mid to late winter to pick one up? You can order your aftermarket parts and save your money so you don't have to finance instead of buying the first day. In NJ getting the bike in late august sept or october means that the riding season is pretty much over so if a few months can drive down the price on the ones that will be sitting on the floor after the first bum rush so be it

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yeah it really sucks living in So Cal. The weather is always nice so bikes are always in demand.:crazy:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Here in louisiana we have two seasons. Hot and less hot. So as long as it isnt raining then it is maybe cold enough 1 week out the year to not ride!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yeah but I heard you make up for that heat with the humidity. LOL

·
Registered
918 Posts
The humidity is terrible. People not from here say just get in the shade but it is still miserable in the shade lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'd never make it down there.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Coming from San Diego where the weather was always beautiful the heat and humidity in the south can be unbearable but, it is cheap to live here lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts