Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are lucky I'm a nice guy and aren't going to hold the recent posts against ya lol. Thanks for the laughs, you guys had me cracking up haha. Sorry it took me a few minutes, had my hands full and finally got a chance to sit down and knock it out.

Well our Honda Rep came by today and this is what I can update you guys with. What cracked me up and caught me off guard about the meeting was when I started grilling him for Grom info and also some new info on a couple other new exciting Honda models in the works, he said "nope, I'm not giving you info to turn around and see it posted up on your Blog" hahaha. I laughed and said I didn't know what he was talking about and he said we know about your Blog because we can't type anything in "Honda" related without seeing it up top. I took that as a nice compliment as I put a lot of work in to it but the downside is I know they're not only watching Composimo lol but they are me too. Well I'll shut up and quit rambling and get to some details pertaining to the Grom as that is what you guys are looking for.

These things are going to be even more rare than I anticipated...

In our district Honda is only releasing 17 units for the month of August when they had a "target" of 23. Many dealers that ordered them will NOT be receiving a Grom in August and it will be delayed until September. Dealers will find out on Monday more information on what they are going to get from our order that started on the 20th. I ended up getting a bit of a sneak peek and didn't have to wait until Monday :D.

They are only bringing in 4,000 units for the 2014 model year. If you do the math, we have just a bit over 1,100 Honda dealers in the USA and we get to split up 4,000 among us so it's not looking pretty if interest behind the Grom keeps climbing and the deposits keep coming in. After the initial release of these models over the next few months once March of 2014 gets here that will be the end of the 2014 year model Grom's.

Example:
When Honda decided to introduce the CBR250R in 2011 they looked at the market and saw that Kawasaki had sold 6,000 Ninja 250's, and they had been the market leader for many years to only sell that amount in the previous year - 2010. Honda decided to produce 3,000 as they figured 50% of the market would be a good start. Well if you were following the industry at the time you know that it was a huge success and us dealers couldn't get enough and waiting lists were common for many. People were selling used for more than MSRP on a new one etc. The example touched base on a couple things, Honda doesn't have a market to gauge #'s etc and the 4,000 Grom's is a pretty large amount considering the past with their biggest hit of a bike in 2011. So the big wigs at Honda pick a # early on and stick with it.

Like I said not good news, wish I had some positive news other than WOO WOOO we're another day closer to August haha.

So to those that want to even think about seeing a 2014 Grom in their garage you need to run out and put a deposit down ASAP otherwise you will end up waiting and hoping Honda brings it back for model year 2015.

Also as a note to those few (not talking about the recent joking around) that previously gave me a hard time saying I was passing around lies and false information etc a few days or so ago, if you don't like what I have to say you can ignore it. I'm just trying to be helpful and post information to help fellow enthusiasts out as a lot of completely bogus information is spread in the industry when it comes to new models. We've seen that already in such a short time on this forum alone, with people posting up some unreal things their dealers have been telling them. Sorry for the long ramble, just aggravating when I try to be helpful and give some information as to what's going on so you guys are informed. I don't have to but I like to...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ah. Hey, news is news. I really appreciate the update and have kinda been waiting for you to post something to go to sleep. Lol

I'm #2 at a powerhouse.... Maybe I'll get lucky? Lol. Thanks again kevin

Reactions: Jasonfrsh

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah i'm in FOR sure at my powerhouse dealer. I guess they like giving repeat buyers a lil extra swing :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm at least #3 if not lower at the powerhouse dealer here...The sales guy said I will definitely be getting one but we will see

·
Registered
457 Posts
In one ear out the other bro. Ur helpfull i just texted my boss owner saying i better get my damn grom! Lol froggie u hear news feok you then a few days later my rep comes in.

·
Registered
530 Posts
A lot of confidence floating around here without actually holding a key in their hands and a title with their name on it. I'm #1 at one of the largest dealers in Washington and I'm sure not holding my breath for August. I want it but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Froggie...let the haters and liars hate and lie. That stuff is easy to see through and I usually dont even respond. Thanks for the update. Pretty much what my dealer said about an hour ago. He has nine deposits every dealer in the area has multiple deposits and the bikes are going to be VERY rare. He is hoping he gets nine to meet the deposits. As long as he gets one...I dont care. LOL. Now......about those other exciting products Honda is planning......

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
325 Posts
A lot of confidence floating around here without actually holding a key in their hands and a title with their name on it.
I hear ya, shouldn't have made myself look like an ass. but yeah, we'll see. I will say if I don;t get one in August I'll resign from two friendships and stop giving said dealer anymore or my money.
Best of luck, if you're first in line only way you'd lose out is if a salesman decides to be a dick and take extra money from an impatient well to do buyer.

·
Registered
942 Posts
4000 and 1100 dealers is great news. thats 3 per dealer. and i'm a #3 deposit. so i feel a little better, but will still have to see when aug comes. i'm sure not all dealers will even put an order in too. so even more so thats good news. will be kinda shetty tho cause 3 of my frens are #4 #5 #6 and was really looking forward to cruising around wit all of them at the same time. solo is fine, but 4 deep would be way funner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kevin,

Some things need to be cleared up.

Please remember your Honda rep's job is to make you feel good about Honda Power Sport's offering; please convey this to your audience. Honda Power Sports is well aware of the orders received and anticipate shipments will keep pace with initial orders by third quarter [2013] fulfillment.

Bill Savino

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thankyyou for the information hey IT IS WHAT IT IS. My dealer told me a week ago it "might" be September too. I emailed him when I found out the order went out on the 20th (thanks to you).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Kevin,

Some things need to be cleared up.

Please remember your Honda rep's job is to make you feel good about Honda Power Sport's offering; please convey this to your audience. Honda Power Sports is well aware of the orders received and anticipate shipments will keep pace with initial orders by third quarter [2013] fulfillment.

Bill Savino
Reads to me your saying the same thing as froggie just putting a more optimistic look to it. All froggie was saying was to get your orders in now if you wanted one. Not that anyone wasn't going to get one. Now if honda plans to increase production thatd be news to make us feel good about Honda Power Sports :big smile:

Froggie, thats for the info. Glad to have an update and be able to anticipate what my dealer might down...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
4000 and 1100 dealers is great news. thats 3 per dealer. and i'm a #3 deposit. so i feel a little better, but will still have to see when aug comes. i'm sure not all dealers will even put an order in too. so even more so thats good news. will be kinda shetty tho cause 3 of my frens are #4 #5 #6 and was really looking forward to cruising around wit all of them at the same time. solo is fine, but 4 deep would be way funner.
Im liking the numbers. 4000 units is a big number. These are motorcycles not toothpicks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Reads to me your saying the same thing as froggie just putting a more optimistic look to it. All froggie was saying was to get your orders in now if you wanted one. Not that anyone wasn't going to get one. Now if honda plans to increase production thatd be news to make us feel good about Honda Power Sports
Yea. It seems like he's an insider and read Kevin's post as a negative feel, so he wanted to make sure the message was conveyed that this is a GOOD thing and Honda will actually deliver, don't get bummed out

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Either way, about 4,000 of us and going to be pretty happy this year and have lots of fun.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Either way, about 4,000 of us and going to be pretty happy this year and have lots of fun.
Yes we will. If you look at this site's listed deposits of 124, that is just .031 percent of 4000. I couldn't look up deposits at that other msx forum because of the ridiculous verification system, but assuming they have the same numbers some of which are doubles from this forum the number is still small for deposits. Assuming 1100 dealers at 2 groms for Augustif every dealer ordered two and that's not likely, that's 2200 bikes shipped and an additional 1800 to ship in August or September. That's a Grom load of bikes for the U.S.

This is far from scientific but the numbers to me look good not grim, we will all be Groming soon enough.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thanks so much for the info. 4000 units sounds like a good number but I wonder how many units are normally put out on a first run?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts