Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people i've been a longtime member/lurker, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a super mint 2018 Grom non ABS with 454 miles on the dash.
as of now I don't know which way the build will go since i've seen and continue to see some serious builds out there, i've had numerous minibikes, sportbikes a few enduros a drz400sm and most recently my pride and joy Harley Streetglide with that said the various ways you can take a Grom build is mind blowing so however this pans out i'll be happy and it should be a good build.. i'll keep this build updated as i progress. thanks for looking:redgrom:

My ever so lightly used new to me grom.

My pride and joy one of the reasons it took me so long to get a grom.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Grom..

HOLYS&* that street glide, very nice. My glide definitely doesn't look like that. Hell I barely ride it any more since getting the Grom. That little bike really can go anywhere.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
congrats on your grom purchase, I too own a couple of Harleys, FB and Heritage which I use for long distance riding from San Jose to Laughlin Neveda for the river run and a couple of other bikes Indian Scout, Hayabusa, ZX6R but my favorite everyday MC to ride in Silicon valley is my modified Honda Grom.

Nice Harley

This is what I'm want to build next

Ride safe

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Grom..

HOLYS&* that street glide, very nice. My glide definitely doesn't look like that. Hell I barely ride it any more since getting the Grom. That little bike really can go anywhere.
Thanks.

congrats on your grom purchase, I too own a couple of Harleys, FB and Heritage which I use for long distance riding from San Jose to Laughlin Neveda for the river run and a couple of other bikes Indian Scout, Hayabusa, ZX6R but my favorite everyday MC to ride in Silicon valley is my modified Honda Grom.

Nice Harley

This is what I'm want to build next

Ride safe
Thanks. i've seen that mini bagger video before it's pretty sick my son would love to have one.

It's good to have some Harley guys in here, my friends think i'm nuts for buying the Grom but who cares I get what I want:big smile:

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Thanks.

Thanks. i've seen that mini bagger video before it's pretty sick my son would love to have one.

It's good to have some Harley guys in here, my friends think i'm nuts for buying the Grom but who cares I get what I want:big smile:
bottom line, GET WHAT YOU WANT, who cares, just have fun in life and be with family and good friends

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bottom line, GET WHAT YOU WANT, who cares, just have fun in life and be with family and good friends
I totally agree and that's why i bought it..

Parts started rolling in, i won't bore you with pics of the small things all ready done here on the forums.

"Power Mods"
Yoshimura RS2
Chimera ram air Intake
DynoJet Power Vision 3

"Visual Mods"
TST Industries Flush mount signal front and rear
TST Industries Fender eliminator low mount

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fender eliminator, Yoshi RS2, Flush mount lights, shorty levers and mirror screw caps installed i'm also waiting on my Power Vision3 so i can install the chimera intake which should be here monday. I picked up a Tyga Carbon Fiber belly ban and some bar end mirrors also.. trying to decide if i want the Ohlins or YSS rear shock or if i want to go air.
I took it for a nice rip, this thing is so much fun:big smile:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How’s the quality? Any issues with fit or sloppiness?

Knowing that good lever sets cost $150+ I have a tough time buying cheap levers.
They feel pretty good, i originally wanted to pickup some womet-tech levers from TST industries but their website kept giving me issues on top of that i called them and whoever answered the phone basically told me to use the website after i tried explaining to him it's not letting me so that was my cue to skip that purchase.
what's even more odd is my first order from them was a phone call.. so that's why i didn't get them and got these, a bunch of guys on youtube are running them so i said i'll give the MZS levers a shot and so far so good.

·
Registered
793 Posts
They feel pretty good, i originally wanted to pickup some womet-tech levers from TST industries but their website kept giving me issues on top of that i called them and whoever answered the phone basically told me to use the website after i tried explaining to him it's not letting me so that was my cue to skip that purchase.
what's even more odd is my first order from them was a phone call.. so that's why i didn't get them and got these, a bunch of guys on youtube are running them so i said i'll give the MZS levers a shot and so far so good.
Good to know.

The Womet-Tech levers do look good, but I never heard of that brand before seeing the TST video on YouTube. ASV, CRG and Pazzo are the brands I'm familiar with.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to know.

The Womet-Tech levers do look good, but I never heard of that brand before seeing the TST video on YouTube. ASV, CRG and Pazzo are the brands I'm familiar with.
Yeah ASV are great levers.. I really really wanted Zeta levers, I had them on my DRZ400sm they're very nice quality levers.. i wonder if there's a cross reference for honda dirtbike levers?? - ZETA RACING -

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah ASV are great levers.. I really really wanted Zeta levers, I had them on my DRZ400sm they're very nice quality levers.. i wonder if there's a cross reference for honda dirtbike levers?? - ZETA RACING -
I'm not familiar with Zeta. Did you try contacting them and asking them if they have any options for the Grom?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've been running MZS for 6 months and not one problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not familiar with Zeta. Did you try contacting them and asking them if they have any options for the Grom?
They're "JDM" company out of japan who makes very high quality parts for off road and atv's and since it's a honda i wanted to keep that "JDM" feel.
Nah I didn't contact them I figured i'd get the MZS levers for now, and in the meantime try to figure out a cross reference and swap them out later on..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I picked up a new flat seat off ebay, I can't wait until it gets here.. the stock seat is a brick.

My power vision tuner came in, my tyga belly pan cover should be here thursday..
I'm looking forward to the weekend.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts