Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night I was trying to get the body panels off so I could slap on the CF panels from Tyga. Is there a trick to it or something? Or do you just yank the damn things off? I got to a point where I thought I was going to break the things so I just gave up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes lift up on the side panels after you get all the fasteners off. There is a hook that goes in a slot on the end of the air cleaner housing.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think tje problem I was having was with the plastic fasteners that connect the outside panel to the black plastic behind the shocks. Someone needs to do a how too thread on removal :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those little fasteners are a pain in the ass. Take something small and push the center of the little plastic retainer and they'll come loose. The only place they work is when the center of the little buggers is flush with the top of the outside head. Once you get it out and play with it you'll see how they work.

I found the bodywork pretty fragile. It's relatively inexpensive, though and with patience you can remove and replace it without damage. I replaced my black with red plastics and it looks really nice in the light. This isn't the kind of plastic you'd find on a dirt bike--more like what's on a scooter or sport bike--and Honda's gonna sell a boatload of replacement parts. At least it's paintable for those who want a custom Grom.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those little fasteners are a pain in the ass. Take something small and push the center of the little plastic retainer and they'll come loose. The only place they work is when the center of the little buggers is flush with the top of the outside head. Once you get it out and play with it you'll see how they work.
thanks man I'll go give that a try

1 - 7 of 7 Posts