Honda Grom banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just ordered a pair of Cardo Packtalk Bold's with JBL speakers for a friend and myself. I guess the question is, how much do you want to spend?

Reactions: Djezspin

·
Registered
182 Posts
With the Yammie coupon code, Cardo's site has the upgraded speakers for 71 and some change.
What’s the Yammie code? I checked out Cardo website, and it was same price as Cycle Gear, $89.99, online only as store didn’t have them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What’s the Yammie code? I checked out Cardo website, and it was same price as Cycle Gear, $89.99, online only as store didn’t have them.
It's "Yammie" ...think it's 20% off.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That brings the Freecom 4+ down to $200! I'll have to decide fast if this is what I want. Any idea when that code is good until?
I used it a few months ago...I'm not sure if it'll expire. Also, HardRacing has it for $198. HR ships faster, but they charge shipping and don't have PayPal as an option.

Reactions: 50-50

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I used it a few months ago...I'm not sure if it'll expire. Also, HardRacing has it for $198. HR ships faster, but they charge shipping and don't have PayPal as an option.
Yeah the shipping costs at HR are deal killers. I purchased my PV3 there because they are said to have good support, I still had to pay $14 shipping costs despite spending over $435. Even the smallest companies I've used in other hoobbies give free shipping over a certain dollar amount, but HR doesn't seem to do that. And not having PayPal is also another near deal breaker so I'm not sure I'll ever buy from HR again.

I'm leaning towards Cardo Freecom 1+, Freecom 2+ (for better speakers) or Freecom 4+ for voice control. Right now I'm torn. Can anybody help me narrow it down?

Oh and is Cardo customer support as bad as people say online? Anybody have issues updating the firmware on their Cardo? That seems to be another common issue.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've had no issues with Cardo firmware updates. Also I did have a small problem with one unit, the USB charge port started wiggling in the controller...I sent an email to Cardo support and I had a new controller in my hands within a few days. I was very pleased with that.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've had no issues with Cardo firmware updates. Also I did have a small problem with one unit, the USB charge port started wiggling in the controller...I sent an email to Cardo support and I had a new controller in my hands within a few days. I was very pleased with that.
Good to know! Thanks. I think I'm going to avoid the Freecom 4+ so I'm torn between the 1+ and 2+. What I like about the 2+ is it supposedly comes with better speakers for only $20 or $30 more.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Freecom 2 comes with corded mic as well as the boom mic and up to 500m connection to another rider as well. Not sure on the difference of the thin and HD speakers, but hell just the corded mic would be worth the price difference to me. I don't like have boom mic's floating around in a full-face helmet.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Freecom 2 comes with corded mic as well as the boom mic and up to 500m connection to another rider as well. Not sure on the difference of the thin and HD speakers, but hell just the corded mic would be worth the price difference to me. I don't like have boom mic's floating around in a full-face helmet.
Good to know. The 1+ and 2+ don't seem to have voice control and I have no interest in phone calls or communication while riding so I'm not sure I need the mic. Am I missing something I could use it for?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't know if you can control your music with voice on the Freecom 1/2. But if you can you would need the mic hooked up in order to do so.

Reactions: 50-50

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I don't know if you can control your music with voice on the Freecom 1/2. But if you can you would need the mic hooked up in order to do so.
Thank you for all of your help. The same goes to the rest of the people that chimed in on this thread.

I decided to start cheap to see how much I like Bluetooth audio in my helmet as well as seeing how often I use it. I ordered the Cardo Freecom 1+ last night.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Since riding safely takes all of my attention
the only thing I put in my helmet is my head. :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts