Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Bluetooth device to link with my phone, maybe even with an FM tuner, to listen to music. I don't need any communication features. I hate earbuds so those aren't an option. And I want the Bluetooth connection to be reliable.

What are you guys using?

·
Registered
126 Posts
In for the replies.

I'm an analog guy and only just learned about the Sena Bluetooth comms.

Curious also what people are using but truth be told I like to hear the rush of the wind or the song of the engine.

Moto cyclin' for me is a chance to get away from it all. :blackgrom:

Reactions: 50-50

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm using the Cardo Packtalk Slim and absolutely love it. Based on what you are looking for I'd be eyeballing the Cardo Freecom 1+. Good luck in the search that will best suit your needs :encouragement:

Reactions: mikochu and 50-50

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've got a Freecom 4+ and really enjoy it. They've been squashing bugs with new firmware updates that seem to come out monthly, so far. Also, after purchasing from Cardo using the lame yammie noob coupon code, I found that Hard Racing has the best price.

Reactions: Djezspin and 50-50

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cardo and Sena seem to be the current go-to brands. Both seem to have their own issues. Let me know if you have any issues with yours - dropped Bluetooth connection, comfort, sound or voice issues, battery life, failures, etc.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Ive got 4 of these cheapo multi-branded chinese ones.
https://www.amazon.com/LEXIN-ELECTRONICS-DESIGN-BIKE-Interphone/dp/B00YED8G8C/
Except its a version which 4 can talk together. Mainly use it for snowmobiling, saves having to get off at crossroads in determining where we want to go.

And I also use it on the bike. Its nice to have some tunes when riding. Not sure on the mic quality when driving at speed, had a friend just think i was on speaker phone, i think. A bit hard to hear others talking at speed, but my bike is pretty loud and could def go for a muffler re-pack.
As for actual music quality, sounds fine. Again, the bike is noisy, but its sufficiently loud to hear songs over it.

Pros: its cheap. also has FM radio and does intercom.
Cons: its cheap. The buttons are near impossible to hit when wearing gloves, so i just adjust my music volume by pressing my phone in my pocket.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
i have an old school chatterbox duo unit, actually 2 (one as a spare), have had them for 7? years. i get 6? hours music. cant speak to the com feature as i never bothered. buttons are easy and they are built really, really well. clunky ish but pretty bulletproof and easy to work with gloves on. never drops signal, ever.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have a Sena (bought in 2017). It connects to my phone really easily. My group of friends all have senas too, and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. To this day we're still not sure how to properly connect...we just button mash till it works. But when it does work, we can communicate really clear. Connection range between riders is good enough. But it someone misses a freeway offramp, they're screwed.

Its strange tho, my music only comes in so loud (not loud enough for freeway riding), but ringtones/voice calls/intercom comes in SUPER loud.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a Sena (bought in 2017). It connects to my phone really easily. My group of friends all have senas too, and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. To this day we're still not sure how to properly connect...we just button mash till it works. But when it does work, we can communicate really clear. Connection range between riders is good enough. But it someone misses a freeway offramp, they're screwed.

Its strange tho, my music only comes in so loud (not loud enough for freeway riding), but ringtones/voice calls/intercom comes in SUPER loud.
Connecting to others has always been a pain with Sena, and is the reason I go with Cardo now, much easier.

The battery in my Packtalk slim is actually mounted to the rear of the helmet instead of in the controller like others. I blast tunes daily with it and only plug the unit in for recharge every week or two. Pretty happy with the new Cardo units.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A group of us run the Sena 30k’s and works well, no connection issues, good radio reception, battery life works fine for the typical 1-3hr rides I do (plenty of battery life left), but speakers mounted in helmet could be improved. I’ll be trying earbuds when the rain ends next week. I’ve heard good things about the Cardo’s, and they aren’t as pricey. Hard Racing has best price & quick shipping.

·
Registered
611 Posts
A group of us run the Sena 30k’s and works well, no connection issues, good radio reception, battery life works fine for the typical 1-3hr rides I do (plenty of battery life left), but speakers mounted in helmet could be improved. I’ll be trying earbuds when the rain ends next week. I’ve heard good things about the Cardo’s, and they aren’t as pricey. Hard Racing has best price & quick shipping.
Cardo Packtalk series has the mesh technology that the Sena 30k has and you're right, it does work great. Also something to note, Some of the new 2019 Cardo's have the newly released 45mm JBL speakers. I bought my Packtalk slim back in September of last year and got standard 40mm drivers. Just upgraded to the new JBL ones and updated the firmware on the slim and yeah, the JBL drivers are sweet, well worth it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cardo Packtalk series has the mesh technology that the Sena 30k has and you're right, it does work great. Also something to note, Some of the new 2019 Cardo's have the newly released 45mm JBL speakers. I bought my Packtalk slim back in September of last year and got standard 40mm drivers. Just upgraded to the new JBL ones and updated the firmware on the slim and yeah, the JBL drivers are sweet, well worth it.
I like it! One of the riders has one of the new Cardos & it meshed easier w/my Sena compared to Sena 20k’s. Where did you pick up the JBL’s? I like speakers vs earbuds.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like it! One of the riders has one of the new Cardos & it meshed easier w/my Sena compared to Sena 20k’s. Where did you pick up the JBL’s? I like speakers vs earbuds.
You have to order them directly from Cardo.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I jumped on the preorder with Cardo directly.

You have to order them directly from Cardo.
They just opened the sale to Revzilla and Cycle Gear now as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sweet! Cycle gear sent me some coupons, so I’ll check the store first for the Cardo 45mm audio kit. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Djezspin

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sweet! Cycle gear sent me some coupons, so I’ll check the store first for the Cardo 45mm audio kit. Thanks for the heads up.
With the Yammie coupon code, Cardo's site has the upgraded speakers for 71 and some change.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts