Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to harbor freight got bike stand for 34.00 rubber coated ends .goes on swing arm.Only for rear.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've got the same one. I'm trying to come up with a jack pad for the four bolt holes under the engine. :smile:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'll have to look for that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You guys with the harbor freight 65620 stand can u guys say if it fits the front forks as well? Im going tom to pick one up but if it fits the forks imma buy 2 of em for "winter". Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got the aluminum one for $40 and love it. Works out perfectly.
care to share how you got it to work? did u add spools to the side of your bike?

i bought the aluminum today, ditched the box, stuffed my bag with all the inserts and bolts... strapped the aluminum bar to me via cargo hooks and rode home... put it together, and i cant figure out how it will work with our bike :/

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I bought some vyper stands off amazon. Front fits the forks and the rear lifts from the swing arm and only cost me $73 for the pair. They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bought some vyper stands off amazon. Front fits the forks and the rear lifts from the swing arm and only cost me $73 for the pair. They work great.

Got a link or part number?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the link. How do you like them so far? Any reason to get an upgrade from these?
Not that I can see. I love them. They work good. Getting the front axle off takes a little maneuvering but they work and for $73 shipped you can't beat it. Now if you're going to be lifting a liter bike I'm not sure how it will do but I think it would work great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
care to share how you got it to work? did u add spools to the side of your bike?

i bought the aluminum today, ditched the box, stuffed my bag with all the inserts and bolts... strapped the aluminum bar to me via cargo hooks and rode home... put it together, and i cant figure out how it will work with our bike :/
Low Profile Rear Motorcycle Spool Stand

From the pictures on harbor freight website, it looks that there should be a pair of swing arm attachments also. You'd replace the spool attachments with the swing arm ones. Can't confirm for sure because i don't see the list of parts included.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You have to order the spools from a phone number included in the brochure. I have this stand, but haven't called yet.

·
Registered
659 Posts
What Honda should have done is put a center stand on the Grom. I own a Genuine 2-stroke 50cc Roughhouse and it has both a side stand and a center stand, but what they did was put the center stand fairly far forward so when you place the scooter on the center stand although the rear wheel is raised up, it only takes a very small amount of weight...maybe 5 pounds to the back in order for the front wheel to lift and the back wheel to go down. No other stands needed...just tie down the back wheel with almost anything to raise the front. The rear is already raised once you put it on the stand. An optional kickstart is always a nice addition too. The Roughhouse has that as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts